Author Topic: Service Started but runs once then thats it! (SOLVED)  (Read 1257 times)

eldustino

• View Profile
Service Started but runs once then thats it! (SOLVED)
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:19 AM »
Hi,

New to PLS here... looks like its been quite an undertaking so thank you in advance. But having a problem.

I've entered all my info and my filter set, then started the service using the default scheduling settings.

But it runs only once, capturing the new notes one minute before (as the default), either buys notes or doesn't-- then the next run--when it should run-- it does *not* run.

I've rebooted it a few times, re-enabling the service each time, to no avail.

btw, when i disable the service, even though i do so, the menu icon at the top, never changes from "service enabled" to anything else.

TIA,

Dustin
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 04:23:57 PM by eldustino »

sociallender

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Service Started but runs once then thats it!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 02:57:34 PM »
Hmmm...  I am not sure what the issue is but will try and help.

First, when disabling the service from the scheduler, the status message on the main window has a 15 second maximum delay of notification.   Basically, its just a 15 second interval to see if there is a schedule to run the service.  Can you disable the service, wait at least 15 seconds, and see if it gets updated?

I am not sure what is causing the service not to execute on the second run.  Can you provide me with the messages on the log window?  You should be able to copy and paste the text and remove any info you don't want public.  On the second run, does it show "Starting PLS", then initial cash, list detection, etc?

SL

eldustino

• View Profile
Re: Service Started but runs once then thats it!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 04:23:30 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for your response, and a great system.  I've narrowed down the issue to NTP (time) related so this one can be marked Resolved.

Thanks again,

Dustin