Author Topic: nsrplatform backtesting error messages  (Read 224 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
nsrplatform backtesting error messages
« on: May 21, 2017, 05:32:41 PM »
nsrplatform LC backtesting has been very difficult to use for last several weeks due to these error messages, which I presume are some sort of timeouts within your servers.

When one of these appears, I click "update results" to try again.  Error then often occurs a 2nd time, etc. 

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: nsrplatform backtesting error messages
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:43 AM »
I buy my notes through NSR and have been running into it a ton of late. Also, notes that I buy do not buy right on the spot and have missed out on notes because of it. Been extremely frustrating.
From Zack.
This can sometimes be caused by server processing congestion later in the evening. Many of our background processes (like updating account balances, portfolios, etc.) occur after 11pm EST. When a manual Folio purchase is requested, it is queued for processing. Sometimes the queue is behind if there are many other orders being submitted at the same time and/or other background processes occurring. We do have plans to deal with this through expansion of processing power, but I can't provide a specific timeline as of yet. Apologies for the inconvenience.