Author Topic: So Many Loans!  (Read 26309 times)

stanny2

• View Profile
Re: So Many Loans!
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »
Does it also seem like notes are not getting fully funded nearly as fast? A lot of my filters which used to only have loans show up within the first minute, maybe two, of loan release, are showing loans that were posted hours, and even days earlier now.

I get that this is (at least in part) because there is now surplus supply due to the increase in underwritten loans. I just thought that, given the investor fervor for P2P loans, that the supply would have been easily absorbed and loan funding would continue to be as quick.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say that the big money players smell an economic downturn and are rotating out of peer lending, expecting defaults to increase...but its probably just more supply.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 04:41:46 PM »
For one thing, I think I'm seeing higher risk in terms of more debt already owed by more borrowers.  If so, that would help support the economic downturn theory.

I find it ironic that now that there are older loans to actually look at, there are no words of explanation or illuminating answers to questions to support the borrowers' points of view.  Yes, I know that loans with narratives yield less return--not more.  Nevertheless, I now turn down business and medical loans that I might have liked when words were allowed.

Thatguybil

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 09:56:28 PM »
IMHO I think that LC may have changed some rules on how much,  how quickly, and how many loans institutions can grab from the fractional loan market.

Course that's just a theory. We will get the final number tomorrow.
As of right now there are >900 loans on the platform.
My filter is still showing >60 loans.

2 months ago I was lucky to find more that 4 or 5 loans that met my filter.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2014, 06:04:48 PM »
It was nice while it lasted, but "So Many Loans" isn't any more. Once again I'm struggling to get cash invested. Bet you are too.
800 loans on the platform and not one that interests me (I want 36 month term only). Mostly A's and B's, a few C's sprinkled in for good measure and a single D1.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 08:01:56 PM »
I must agree.  Good loans are again in short supply.  We have no visibility to the cause of this ebb and flow, but we've definitely fallen into another ebb.

Thatguybil

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 06:54:06 AM »
It was nice while it lasted, but "So Many Loans" isn't any more. Once again I'm struggling to get cash invested. Bet you are too.
800 loans on the platform and not one that interests me (I want 36 month term only). Mostly A's and B's, a few C's sprinkled in for good measure and a single D1.

My filter is down to only 3-4 loans at a drop.
Last post it was in th 50-60 range.

stanny2

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 02:04:00 PM »
Agreed, seems like loan volume is way down of late. I wonder if it's near the end of the month and they've already hit their goal for April needed to show the "right" growth for their IPO and as such are slowing down release of new loans to allow them to bleed into May.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 04:48:08 AM »
[AnilG or anybody]  I am requesting a csv which shows the counts at feeding times for the past 2 months.  I'm going to plot this against events of MH370 and CNN ratings.  I think this is why they stopped.  Conspiracy is what we've got. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:29:12 PM by core »

AnilG

• View Profile
    • PeerCube
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
See attachment. Have fun!

[AnilG or anybody]  I am requesting a csv which shows the counts at feeding times for the past 2 months.
---
Anil Gupta
PeerCube Thoughts blog https://www.peercube.com/blog
PeerCube https://www.peercube.com

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 03:44:21 PM »
Wow.  I presume you captured that data yourself?  Thank you.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »
Wow.  I presume you captured that data yourself?  Thank you.

Yes he does it for Peercube and tweets the numbers at each drop time.  I guess I could have written a Twitter scraper for his numbers too.   Didn't think about that until just now, oops.

THANKS AnilG!!!  You have earned the respect and admiration of all your peers, and helped to conquer communism all in one day.  I'm not sure where I would have fetched this data if it weren't for you.  You are a true patriot.

Now to get busy finding historical ratings data.  As Peter always says, "Stay tuned for details".  I think you guys are going to be surprised when you see the correlation.  LendingClub knew this too, which is why they recently stopped publishing their loan counts.  It was an attempt to prevent us from finding what we are about to find.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:21:50 PM by core »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 05:00:18 PM »
THANKS AnilG!!!  You have earned the respect and admiration of all your peers, and helped to conquer communism all in one day.  I'm not sure where I would have fetched this data if it weren't for you.  You are a true patriot.

I completely agree with Core here, well apart from the communism comment. This is a great service Anil and just a quick glance at your numbers shows the dramatic drop-off in loan volume in recent days. Thanks for sharing.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 05:39:33 PM »
I completely agree with Core here, well apart from the communism comment.

Something tells me the U.S. House of Representatives Un-American Activities Committee is about to be real interested in your fund, Peter.

AnilG

• View Profile
    • PeerCube
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Peter and core.

There was just too much guessing about the loan volume drop off. Actual data can sometime help stop the guessing game ... not much fun I am!

Now I am waiting for core's finding on relationship with MH370, CNN ratings, what side of bed he woke up, and his mood swings.   ;)

I completely agree with Core here, well apart from the communism comment. This is a great service Anil and just a quick glance at your numbers shows the dramatic drop-off in loan volume in recent days. Thanks for sharing.
---
Anil Gupta
PeerCube Thoughts blog https://www.peercube.com/blog
PeerCube https://www.peercube.com

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 01:36:42 PM »
One thing for sure, the quality of the loans now being posted has diminished greatly.  LC needs to RAISE the interest rates if they want me to consider the loans now being posted.