Author Topic: Lendingclub API  (Read 24437 times)

Kingo

• View Profile
Lendingclub API
« on: October 13, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »
I want to develop a p2p website and use the API of LC. Is there any suggested document and website for this? Thanks a lot.

twigster

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lendingclub API
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 11:02:33 AM »
You probably want to hold off on developing anything for the current API.  There was a note on September 11th that I received talking about a new API.  The current API will be discontinued at the end of the year if my understanding is correct.  They are moving from a SOAP interface to a REST interface, which is simplier to program for in my opinion. 

Here is the note I received:

Thank you for investing at Lending Club. We are pleased to announce some upcoming improvements to our API services, beginning in October.
      We're moving to REST: We are transitioning all existing API services from SOAP to REST. The legacy SOAP services will be supported through the end of this year.
      New Services: We are adding several new API services, including:
           Available Cash
           My Notes and My Notes Details
           Account Summary
           Browse Notes, My Notes, and My Notes Details in CSV, JSON, XML
      Online Documentation: Updated technical documentation will be available online when the new API is launched.
Thank you for your patience and valuable feedback as we build out our API services. We'll let you know when the new services are up and running.

turing

• View Profile
    • PeerToPeerQuant.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 11:51:48 AM »
Did they say when the REST API would go live?  They mentioned support for SOAP until end of the year but I didn't see anything about when REST version would start.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »
We do not speak it's name.

kbenson99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »
I asked a couple weeks ago what the release date for the REST API would be and received the response of "The release date for REST API is scheduled for sometime towards the end of October.  Once it is released, you will send an email notification to you."  LC would not narrow the release date for me.  Not a "helpful" response from LC.

turing

• View Profile
    • PeerToPeerQuant.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »
I was half expecting a one month or less span between starting new service and ending old.  Their support for API hasn't given me much confidence.  Two months isn't much time either, but it is better than my expectations.

TonySaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
I asked a couple weeks ago what the release date for the REST API would be and received the response of "The release date for REST API is scheduled for sometime towards the end of October.  Once it is released, you will send an email notification to you."  LC would not narrow the release date for me.  Not a "helpful" response from LC.

They probably don't know, timelines for software projects are notoriously difficult to predict. In fact, based on my vast experience as a software development engineer, I'd say that December is a good bet (because they said October).

kbenson99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 01:54:33 PM »
Delivery schedules do slip (I've experienced that most times it is due to requirements scope creep).  However, given that LC stated "beginning in October" in their email communique on 9/10, the end of October should be the "slip" date.  If LC truly wanted to cover themselves in the communique with respects to the delivery date, they should have stated something to the effect of "in the fall" which covers them through 12/20.

I hope (probably foolishly) LC will eventually follow the under promise and over deliver mantra.  But, I'm not holding my breath and expect we will be the LC QA test team when the REST API is released.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Documentation of the new API is poor.  If they really wanted this to be successful, they would finish the documentation. 

Kingo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 10:36:10 PM »
Thank you very much for all your replies. Is it the bad time to develop a website download the loans from LC using their current API as the current API will be ended at the end of 2014?

Kingo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 10:50:06 PM »
and where shall I start with? Is there any document or website for current API development? Thanks.

twigster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 02:02:23 AM »
Documentation of the new API is poor.
Where is the documentation?

twigster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 02:17:22 AM »
Is there any document or website for current API development?
The documentation for the current API that is being terminated towards the end of the year is sent when you apply to LC to turn the API on for your account.  You will get the latest documents (via email). 
Is it the bad time to develop a website download the loans from LC using their current API
I would think so unless you've got excess time on your hands.

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 04:11:17 AM »
Documentation of the new API is poor.
Where is the documentation?

You have to ask LC for it.

turing

• View Profile
    • PeerToPeerQuant.com
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 01:01:25 PM »
They probably don't know, timelines for software projects are notoriously difficult to predict. In fact, based on my vast experience as a software development engineer, I'd say that December is a good bet (because they said October).

This is very true.  I have experienced this first hand on my own projects.  BUT they shouldn't have given people a time frame when old would no longer supported until they have a firm release date.   

They should have:

Told people they are working on a new REST API and it will be coming out shortly.
SOAP API will be discontinued X number of months after release of REST.

This way it no dates are shared, and developers know they will have a certain amount of time to make the switch.