Poll

How do you select notes to purchase from the LC Platform?

Manual selection using LC website (Browsenotes)
LC Auto-Invest targeted Note percentage allocation (no personal / custom filter)
LC Auto-Invest using personal / custom filter
BlueVestment (personal filtering)
BlueVestment (BV selection algorithms)
Lending Robot (personal fltering)
Lending Robot (LR selection algorithms)
NSR Invest (personal filtering)
NSR Invest (NSR selection algorithms)
Peer Lending Server
Peer Cube
Other third party service
LC API, personally designed software (or shareware), filtering
LC API, personally designed software (or shareware), statistical techniques
Other

Author Topic: How I Select Notes to Purchase (non-Folio)  (Read 2771 times)

Rob L

• View Profile
How I Select Notes to Purchase (non-Folio)
« on: April 25, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »
Should be interesting. If multiple answers select one used to purchase largest dollar amount.

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How I Select Notes to Purchase (non-Folio)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:12:16 PM »
Not many have voted, but still surprised at the amount who hand pick, like me. 
As I am not familiar with peer lending server, I am curious to check it out.  So much to learn, so little time to do so. 

AnilG

• View Profile
    • PeerCube
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:16:57 PM »
The results from this survey will be as bad as another post where someone tried to make incorrect conclusions from his very limited, short term, early results with multiple third party services.

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/questionnaire-design/

Creating good measures involves both writing good questions and organizing them to form the questionnaire.

You tried to mix platforms with lending style in your questions creating a biased question. If you had just listed the names of the platforms in the options instead of mixing with additional criteria like statistics, algorithms, custom filters, etc. results might be more valuable. You should have separate survey questions about platforms and lending style.

Should be interesting. If multiple answers select one used to purchase largest dollar amount.
---
Anil Gupta
PeerCube Thoughts blog https://www.peercube.com/blog
PeerCube https://www.peercube.com

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 05:46:36 AM »
The results from this survey will be as bad as another post where someone tried to make incorrect conclusions from his very limited, short term, early results with multiple third party services.

http://www.pewresearch.org/methodology/u-s-survey-research/questionnaire-design/

Creating good measures involves both writing good questions and organizing them to form the questionnaire.

You tried to mix platforms with lending style in your questions creating a biased question. If you had just listed the names of the platforms in the options instead of mixing with additional criteria like statistics, algorithms, custom filters, etc. results might be more valuable. You should have separate survey questions about platforms and lending style.

Best thing about a non scientific survey is you take the science out of it.  There is not enough people here to have a big enough population to matte on a survey anyway.  The guy in the other thread was more looking for some facts, but most of us know, they would be of lil use.   
You never see people here post their strategies, only their results.  As a new investor, I am here to learn whatever I can from the vets.  But I also know that for the most part, no one is going to drop their filters down and say, "this is how I made 12% in the past 3-5 years". 

dr.everett

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 01:32:12 PM »
Can't vote because I do multiple methods within each. For example:

1. I use Interest Radar with both their strategies along with some of my own on the primary market.
2. I use LR with both their strategies along with some of my own on the primary market
3. I hand pick on the secondary market (FolioFN), but am set up to do automated purchasing on Folio via LR.

David

Edward Reid

• I see the brevity of truth.
    • View Profile
    • Paleolithic Refugia
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 04:08:14 PM »
I use manual criteria which neither the LC filters nor any of the third party platforms support. At the same time, I'm not buying enough notes to make it worth doing any development for myself -- not even close.

I might eventually be willing to post my details -- I'm old enough that I won't be staying in P2P indefinitely. But like others, I'm a bit reluctant to post my recipe as long as I'm using it, even though it's pretty simple and at least partly based on things I read here.

Edward