Author Topic: Prosper ending relationship with Folio  (Read 4304 times)

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Prosper ending relationship with Folio
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 06:09:02 PM »
115 notes in 5 months. I highly doubt that many investors on folio are as small as I am. But there's my totals.

I'm pretty sure most retail investors are very small.

Ok, so that's 0.77 notes/day for you.
If there are 100 like you, then volume would be 77 notes/day.
If there are 200 like you, then volume would be 154 notes/day.
If there are 1000 like you, then volume would be 770 notes/day.

I'm still using a wild guess for the #people multiplier of course.  Given that we've only heard from at most 10 folks who talk a lot about folio on this board, and seem to use it extensively, I don't think there are thousands total.

I stand by my guestimate that transaction volumes are very low, possibly in the 50-200/day range.

jheizer

• View Profile
    • LC Tools
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
I would think the number is higher too.  Since I wrote my automated code after the may "event" I've bought 215 note on folio.  Still nothing huge and amazing, but I am also a small fish compared to most here.  I think I've only sold 3 dozen or so.  On my phone so that's take more time than just checking the count on my folio buyer portfolio.
Replacement to P2P Quant's Percentile Tool http://lc.geekminute.com

RT45

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 12:53:41 AM »
Good sleuthing Fred93, thanks for the analysis.

jpildis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 09:29:48 AM »
My Folio transaction volume (mainly buying) is $25-30k per month.

pclee37

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 09:32:35 AM »
Mine around 10K per month

fliphusker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »
Jaw just dropped at seeing the numbers that jpildis is putting in.  I know there are good buys on FOLIO but for the most part there is not.  I can only assume that you are buying notes at a prem and maybe even decent sized markups.  I can only assume you only would buy seasoned notes or maybe ones where someone is liquidating under 12 payments.  I assume the months after LP day that you had a feeding frenzy and not finding anywhere close to the deals now. 
Fred I respect your opinions and have learned tons from you, I just think you are wrong with the theoretical numbers here.  I believe LC says that there are 125k retail investors in LC, I assume probably 2/3 of that are active.  But only 1k small investors like me on FOLIO is not probable.  I do think that after LP day a slice of that 125k or whatever moved to FOLIO for whatever reason.  I do think it is a small slice but I would not be shocked to see it approaching 5-10k who buy notes monthly.  I do hope that I am right as want to see the secondary market continue for LC.  There would probably be more activity if the FOLIO site was not such a joke. 
I also suspect that pclee and jp are not the only big spenders on FOLIO.  I think that club is probably pretty exclusive though. 

dr.everett

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 12:23:41 PM »
My Folio transaction volume (mainly buying) is $25-30k per month.

I'm in this range with my IRA and Taxable account when you combine their activity. I buy (at discount or very low markup), and I sell.

rawraw

• View Profile
Prosper ending relationship with Folio
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 12:09:11 PM »
I personally list about 50 or so notes at a time. Normally ten of which will sell immediately or slightly after immediately. I don't think 50 transactions a day is nearly high enough based on my experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jheizer

• View Profile
    • LC Tools
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
I even get beat out buying loans a lot too.  Just 5 minutes ago I missed buying 2 loans for a crazy awesome discount as the 20 seconds my code was off doing something else was enough time for someone to steal them out from under me.
Replacement to P2P Quant's Percentile Tool http://lc.geekminute.com

TheLittleDuke

• View Profile
    • Professional Bio on LinkedIN
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 02:07:29 PM »
This has a significant impact on my plans to invest with Prosper -- one of the things that was attractive was the liquidity.

In fact a few years ago I did a test to see how fast I could unwind and get out -- took me about 45 days to dump nearly 500 notes.

I'll still use the Prosper platform, but I highly doubt I'll be investing in any 5yr notes.
It's Better 2GIVE!  https://2Give.Info

justice42

• small fish
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 05:18:02 PM »
I have purchased $14,870 among 297 notes so far this year. My average is $50.06 per note. So i'm averaging $1652 per month, all buying no selling.

Just adding my statistics for the sake of a larger sample group.