Author Topic: Annoyed by erratic payments  (Read 16362 times)

berniemadeoff

Annoyed by erratic payments
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »
I noticed that I have not received any payments on my loans this week.  I know they don't post these payments on Sunday and Monday but I did not receive anything all day yesterday.  Has anybody else experienced this?

It's probably some temporary thing, but it annoys me that Prosper makes these transactions erratically.  They mostly occur in the early morning at 5-8AM but lately I've noticed sometime the payments hit my account at 10PM.  Or sometimes not at all as was the case yesterday.

Sorry to complain, but this is not how a financial company should behave.  They should post these things every business day at the same time.  I don't need the money, but what if I relied on these payments for income?  They can't pay us randomly whenever they want.

Wrats6

• View Profile
Re: Annoyed by erratic payments
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:38:56 PM »
I have noticed the same eratic payments.  Also, Prosper has not updated the ROI information on the account overview screen.  It is still as of Nov. 1.  One last minor gripe.  I have been intermintently booted out of the site and have to enter my user name and password repeatedly.  Has anyone had this problem?  This may be a problem with my computer or internet connection.

berniemadeoff

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
I also see ROI computed as of Nov 1st - was wondering if they are trying to hide my poor performance from me!!!

I'm sure many of us have meaningful sums of money with Prosper and therefore expect to be properly serviced. More importantly, I hope the late payments aren't a sign of something else going on at Prosper.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:18 PM »
There has been something strange going on with Prosper the last couple of days. I noticed their total originations number was zero today which can't be right. I see they have some maintenance planned for tonight so I am guessing they are going to fix this problem.

But my ROI is current as of December 1st. Not sure what is going on with your accounts.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:18 AM »
My ROI is Dec. 1st as well.

berniemadeoff

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:25:53 AM »
Quick update: my account manager did confirm that Prosper is having a software issue that should be resolved by the end of this week.  My ROI is now showing Dec 1st.

investforfreedom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »
It is already Thursday, and they are still not paying out.   >:(

Ronald

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
I get kicked out quite a bit from their site too, especially if I am using the iphone.  On the desktop, if click a link from an external site to a listing, I will get kicked out  (Prosper stats for example).  At least thats the pattern I have been noticing.  I emailed Prosper but didnt get too far.

I havent got any payments in Prosper in a few days now...

I have noticed the same eratic payments.  Also, Prosper has not updated the ROI information on the account overview screen.  It is still as of Nov. 1.  One last minor gripe.  I have been intermintently booted out of the site and have to enter my user name and password repeatedly.  Has anyone had this problem?  This may be a problem with my computer or internet connection.

berniemadeoff

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »
If they don't make any payments this week, I will stop investing in notes until they do.  I don't like this one bit.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 04:38:21 PM »
I have had no payments either this week and with 1200 active notes payments come in all the time for me. I thought it would be fixed today after they were down last night. So I called my guy at Prosper this afternoon and he said an improvement to the payments system didn't go well and they are working feverishly to fix it. He has been told that it should be up and running again late tonight. So, I would look for cash hitting your account in the morning.

rocco.g

• View Profile
    • Nickel Steamroller
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
@Ronald - The problem with links from external websites is a bug that was introduced a little while ago.  Prosper is aware of it.  I had an email exchange with them about it shortly after it appeared and provided some technical details to help them track it down and I am told they are working it.  As a temporary work around you can copy and paste the links to a new window instead of clicking on them.  This will prevent you from getting logged out of Prosper (you only get logged out when you actually click the link). 

I am also going to guess that whatever is causing the payment problems is a slightly higher issue as far as they are concerned, so I am just guessing that this won't be fixed until after that...

investforfreedom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 11:00:44 AM »
Hello, Prosper, it's late Friday morning.  Where's my money?  You took down the site for two consecutive evenings, and you still haven't fixed the issue?  I hope you haven't lost the payment records.  >:( >:( >:(

I'm glad I canceled my monthly automatic cash transfer out of my account a couple of days ago.

MTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 12:13:58 PM »
Does Prosper collect interest on the money they're not paying out to investors? None of my notes is even listed as "processing" after the 16th.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »
Yep. I expected everything would be back to normal this morning. Not so. Some reads will roll at Prosper I think. With another down month possibly on the cards as far as total originations go, this is really not helping...

Fiscal Sergeant

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 02:19:52 PM »
I imagine this will hurt Prosper greatly as reinvesting payments is how many users are contributing to the loans.