Author Topic: Worth-Blanket2 is back...  (Read 7942 times)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Worth-Blanket2 is back...
« on: February 07, 2013, 08:04:57 AM »
Prosper's largest investor started investing in loans again yesterday:
http://www.prosper-stats.com/LenderActivity.jsp?sn=WORTH-BLANKET2
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

dagilbe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Worth-Blanket2 is back...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 09:54:27 AM »
Good to have him back.  The only problem is I need to be on Prosper at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST in order to scoop up the good loans before he does. 

Peter, were you going to post more information on the drop in repeat borrow returns?

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Peter, were you going to post more information on the drop in repeat borrow returns?

Yes. It is on my editorial calendar - probably get to that topic in early March.

Ronald

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 03:23:44 PM »
Good to have him back.  The only problem is I need to be on Prosper at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST in order to scoop up the good loans before he does. 

Hard to beat this.  https://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=697573

priuspilot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

Hard to beat this.  https://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=697573

Wow! That actually kind of stinks!

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
Holy moly.

I wonder if he has been approached to invest more institutionally but instead he just does it himself. On a related note, I would love to meet him in person and hear his thoughts on Prosper.
Writes at the peer to peer lending site LendingMemo.

priuspilot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 08:04:30 AM »
I would be shocked if that was an individual investor and not an institution

MTaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:57 PM »
The question is why does Prosper put through his orders before everyone else's. They are clearly automated.

rocco.g

• View Profile
    • Nickel Steamroller
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:17:29 PM »
Anyone can use Prosper's API to automate their orders and get them in faster then automated quick invest does.  It just so happens that only those with a technical background capable of using the API and/or those with enough money (i.e. big investors) to pay someone with the right technical background are using the API.

Keltset

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57:53 PM »
Thanks for pointing out they had API available, I had not known that and getting ready to start amping up my prosper account as I have my LC account right where I want it for now (for ease of locating acceptable notes)...

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 01:39:17 PM »
I would be shocked if that was an individual investor and not an institution

Yes worth-blanket2 is an institutional investor. I have met with them at a conference but they are very publicity shy and don't even want their name revealed.

TRPeterson

• View Profile
    • Prosper To Retire
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 01:32:18 PM »
Anyone can use Prosper's API to automate their orders and get them in faster then automated quick invest does.  It just so happens that only those with a technical background capable of using the API and/or those with enough money (i.e. big investors) to pay someone with the right technical background are using the API.

I use the API for my investing but I have two issues with the API.  One, I cannot query to find out how much cash I have available for investing at that moment through the API (not a huge deal, but lacking none-the-less).  Two, via the API you can only invest in 1 loan per 30 seconds. Major Inconvenience!

I have a program that dowloads listings and grades them (on a custom statistical scale I had developed), then the one's I like I plug into the API to invest.  But if it's more than just a few listing, I still log into the site and go to the listing numbers manually to invest.

I'm not a "big investor" (under $75K total in Prosper) nor a "techie" (though I am an IT Project Manager)... I just hire the right people at the right price  ;D
Prosper Cash XIRR ROI 16.05%
Prosper IRA XIRR ROI 15.28%
http://www.ProsperToRetire.com
http://www.NumberWhale.com

Roy S

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 12:09:47 PM »
Peter, when you met WB2, did you have any discussions about them taking large chunks of loans before most of the retail investors are able to make an investment?  I'm wondering what their thoughts are on this issue since we only hear from the retail investors (like myself) complaining about this issue.  Obviously, they have a lot of money they need to put to work and can't be too concerned with the retail investors.  But some sort of acknowledgement (and response) that they are aware of this issue would be nice to hear.

priuspilot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2013, 09:10:08 AM »
Peter, when you met WB2, did you have any discussions about them taking large chunks of loans before most of the retail investors are able to make an investment?  I'm wondering what their thoughts are on this issue since we only hear from the retail investors (like myself) complaining about this issue.  Obviously, they have a lot of money they need to put to work and can't be too concerned with the retail investors.  But some sort of acknowledgement (and response) that they are aware of this issue would be nice to hear.

I don't think WB2 is investing in p2p for our sakes at all, nor should they be even thinking about it... It is prosper's job to referee and create the investment environment for big and small fish alike.

Roy S

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2013, 12:56:24 PM »
...and here I thought WB2 was only investing for my sake!  Thanks for setting me straight, prius!  :-*

::) So, anyway...Peter, was there any discussion with WB2 about the competition between the retail vs institutional lenders?  I'm just curious if they are aware of it and what their take on it is...for my own personal interest, not because I believe WB2 is there for my sake and my sake alone.  I'm just curious as to their perspective if the issue was discussed.

I don't think WB2 is investing in p2p for our sakes at all, nor should they be even thinking about it... It is prosper's job to referee and create the investment environment for big and small fish alike.