Author Topic: Number of Available Loans During 24 hrs: Grades A-C and D-G  (Read 16251 times)

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
Number of Available Loans During 24 hrs: Grades A-C and D-G
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »
With the much lower number of notes available in the last few weeks (I used to see around 1,100 notes total vs around 500 now) I was curious to see how the Number of Available Loans varied throughout the day and night (times are PST):
GRADES A-C:

GRADES D-G:

Note
1. Most loans are posted to the website at 6 AM (06:00) , 10 AM (10:00), 2 PM (14:00), and 6 PM (18:00). However there are two small additions at 2 AM and 10 PM as well (it has been consistent for the few days that I checked).         
2. Usually, the largest fraction of  new loans is posted at 6 AM (which is not surprising since most applicants may apply after work).         
3. As expected(?) the lower grade loans (D-G) are disappearing relatively faster than the higher grade loans (A-C); e.g. between 10 AM and 2 PM, D-G dropped by 73% while A-C dropped by 29% and between 2 PM and 6 PM, D-G dropped by 68% while A-C dropped by 29% .
4. It is interesting that most notes are purchased during the day rather than than in the evening (the rate of decline is much lower after the 6 PM addition). I wonder if this is because the institutional investors are picking up most of the notes during work-hours?

EDIT: I guess that the LC Prime purchases are also happening during work-hours, and this may partly contribute to the fast decay.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 06:18:18 PM by viking »

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Number of Available Loans During 24 hrs: Grades A-C and D-G
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »
Very enlightening.  Thanks!
It's motivation to stop messing around from 7-8 (my 6-7 time here) and get to browsing!

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:12:47 PM »
Very enlightening.  Thanks!
It's motivation to stop messing around from 7-8 (my 6-7 time here) and get to browsing!
The good news, for busy people who works during the day, is that the number of available loans decreases fairly slowly after 6 PM PST. They also decrease slowly the whole day during the weekends :)!

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:02:19 AM »
With my site up and running, it's been fascinating to watch how fast the picks get gobbled up. Roughly half of the picks are 70% funded within 3-5 minutes, and almost all of them are gone before the next upload. Weekend / night is slower, consistent with this.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:17:14 AM »
With my site up and running, it's been fascinating to watch how fast the picks get gobbled up. Roughly half of the picks are 70% funded within 3-5 minutes, and almost all of them are gone before the next upload. Weekend / night is slower, consistent with this.
I haven't tried the API, but I believe that it could be used to automatically invest in notes meeting per-determined criteria (after some programming of course). I am worried that more and more retail investors may set this up so that the desirable notes would be gone within a few seconds after posting 24/7. Thus, it may soon become almost impossible for the individual investor to [manually] invest in desirable notes  :(.

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:27:50 AM »
Yep. I'm pursuing this.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
Viking....Even though I can't buy off the Lending Club Platform, that's great research. 
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

writing2reality

• View Profile
    • WriteYourOwnReality Blog
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 11:06:17 AM »
Nice charts and great research!

Makes me thankful for my east coast location... at work with my computer ready to go at nine am...
WriteYourOwnReality Blog: http://www.writeyourownreality.com

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:44:30 AM »
Great analysis Viking - worthy of a post on the blog I think. Only a subset of my readers are on the forum. Can I use your charts in a post? Happy to credit you in any way you would like.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:24:47 PM »
"Happy to credit you in any way you would like."

He enjoys sizeable amounts of cash.
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »
Great analysis Viking - worthy of a post on the blog I think. Only a subset of my readers are on the forum. Can I use your charts in a post? Happy to credit you in any way you would like.
Let me first create a chart for a weekend day as well (the one that I have is incomplete) as it gives hope for those who work during the week and don't have time to invest during day-time. I will post it here first and we can talk about this great credit coming my way  :P.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:09:16 PM by viking »

PennySaved

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 12:53:59 PM »
Wow, great research.  It looks like early birds get the worms.

faeriering

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 09:49:47 AM »
Really nice analysis Viking!  I'm glad to see that when I can check notes at night there's a higher likelihood of something being available.  Also really interesting that notes are getting published outside of the main 4 time slots.

Thanks!

FrankieC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 02:42:06 AM »
I haven't tried the API

Is there an API to try??? I've only heard rumors, but haven't seen anything yet.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 02:43:58 AM »
I haven't tried the API

Is there an API to try??? I've only heard rumors, but haven't seen anything yet.
It is in beta.