Poll

How much time do you spend on investing loans on LC per week?

Less than 1 hour per week
11 (30.6%)
Between 1 - 3 hours per week
10 (27.8%)
Between 3 - 10  hours per week
11 (30.6%)
More than 10 hours per week
4 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: May 10, 2013, 08:21:52 PM

Author Topic: Poll: time spent on LC investing  (Read 6699 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Poll: time spent on LC investing
« on: April 10, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
I'd like to try the Poll feature of this Forum.

On average, how much time do you spend on LC investing per week?

This includes time spent on:
- researching loans on the LendingClub and FolioFN platforms,
- running filters on other P2P research sites (InternetRadar, PeerCube, ...),
- running Excel analysis (if any),
- other "researching" activities.

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
Re: Poll: time spent on LC investing
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 12:03:30 AM »
Thankfully, this is now down to 2-3 minutes per week for me (using my site).

Once a quarter or so I have to rebuild the credit models to make sure nothing dramatic is happening. On occasion there are weird things that happen like formatting problems or LC changes the browsenotes file that I need to account for. But it's not been too bad this year.

Show Me The $

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 03:56:10 AM »
As a follow up to Bryce. I have been trying his site for a few weeks now. I have only put about $1500 to work using his picks as a trial. I don't have enough data to say whether his modelling is any better or worse than anything I have seen including hand picking. However, the system is pretty easy to use. If in fact his picks are yielding my average or better returns, I would say it is a very useful tool.

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll: time spent on LC investing
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:54:50 PM »
You'll know in two years. I'm doing the similar.
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms

Show Me The $

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 01:00:44 PM »
You'll know in two years. I'm doing the similar.

Indeed! ;D

writing2reality

• View Profile
    • WriteYourOwnReality Blog
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
And three makes it a crowd. I will hopefully be tracking this publicly on my blog as the portfolio ages.
WriteYourOwnReality Blog: http://www.writeyourownreality.com

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 05:53:25 PM »
For what it's worth (possibly nothing, to the most skeptical), I have a largish portfolio, well older than 1 year, that I will soon share info about, so people can see real world results rather than back testing. First priority is to finish up necessary site features to launch, then one website addition will be monthly updates of how my personal portfolio is doing using the profit max product.

This may cut down the time necessary from two years to one, as I'm already more than halfway there.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2013, 05:57:40 PM »
For what it's worth (possibly nothing, to the most skeptical), I have a largish portfolio, well older than 1 year, that I will soon share info about, so people can see real world results rather than back testing. First priority is to finish up necessary site features to launch, then one website addition will be monthly updates of how my personal portfolio is doing using the profit max product.

This may cut down the time necessary from two years to one, as I'm already more than halfway there.
At first I wasn't liking the notes it picked.  Lately after those updates, the notes make more sense and I'm not 'vetoing' the choices near as often.  I think I've only done one veto recently because the description said "Last ditch effort before bankruptcy' or something lol.  Don't know what you changed, but it looks better from my perspective.

I'd like input on what percentile you use.  I read you saw somewhere 5 and 1 are what you invest on, but maybe it was 10,5,1.

faeriering

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 10:26:32 AM »
so I listed 3-10 hrs.  I usually only spend ~1 hr investing, but I spend a lot of time checking in here and on the main lendacademy site.  I really like the research part of this though and I like see what other folks' perspective is.

Show Me The $

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »

At first I wasn't liking the notes it picked.  Lately after those updates, the notes make more sense and I'm not 'vetoing' the choices near as often.  I think I've only done one veto recently because the description said "Last ditch effort before bankruptcy' or something lol.  Don't know what you changed, but it looks better from my perspective.

I'd like input on what percentile you use.  I read you saw somewhere 5 and 1 are what you invest on, but maybe it was 10,5,1.

Bryce. I too was 'vetoing' quite a few of the loans your site was throwing at me. Many of them just didnt feel right. I dont expect you to share your model as it will be your business going forward, i was curious why you pick so many loans with low requested amounts. you can PM me if you want, just curious. I have had better success staying away from those types of loans. Your model kind of makes me go in blind and once I select go, it is a done deal. This becomes financially an issue if I buy many picks through the site one day at a fee. Just a thought, not sure how you mitigate that though :)

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 06:02:11 PM »
You're free to hire and fire me as you please. By all means, go with your feelings =).

Polonius

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 02:37:49 PM »
I WAS spending between 1-3 hrs per week up until about six weeks ago, but with the plummeting number of loans available for investing on LC, I am now well below 1 hr per week.  Not much chaff to sift through any more, and not much wheat either  :(

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 02:57:14 PM »
Hop on right at 6, 10, 2, and 6 pacific. You have about ten minutes to find loans.

breitenm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:41 PM »
Less than an hour using my model...
My LendingClub Credit Rating Model: http://cervisia.org/lc_credit/

sociallender

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »
My investments are completely automated with LC.  Occasionally I will look at the logs to make sure things are running smoothly.  5 times a day I invest in all notes that meet my min criteria (via stats).  Let me know if you are interested in using this automation.