Author Topic: is it just me?  (Read 11557 times)

YellowSeed

• View Profile
is it just me?
« on: April 28, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »
Hi Bryce,

Thanks for the great product.

I had one question for you or the other users; are there browser specific log on problems?  My everyday browser is Chrome Beta and after I enter my credentials and hit the sign on button, nothing happens.  I figure, no worries it is a beta product, so I start up Safari and that worked for a few weeks.  A couple days ago, I could not log on with Safari, so I shifted over to Explorer in Parallels and that has been working fine.  It seems like an odd problem, but I thought I would mention it here as I have absolutely no log on problems on any other websites.

Cheers

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
Re: is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 01:01:36 AM »
First I've heard if it. I'd like to know more. Please describe the exact steps. Then I will think of something to test it out.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 07:47:00 AM »
Every so often I can't click the buttons on the website.  I use Chrome.  I have to refresh the page for it to to start working again.

YellowSeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 04:30:09 PM »
Macbook Pro with 10.8.3
Chrome 27.0.1453.65 beta
Navigate to http://www.p2p-picks.com/account
Use 1Password browser extension to fill and submit
Nothing happens, so I manually try to enter credentials and click on submit; still nothing happens.

Safari 6.0.4
Same steps and nothing happens. 
Today I completely "Reset Safari" and I was able to logon successfully

After having success by resetting Safari, I cleared the browsing data in Chrome, but it still did not work.

Hope this helps.

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 06:06:12 PM »
It gives something on which to go. Thanks. We made a completely custom website from scratch, so there can be weird bugs.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 08:23:36 PM »
Just a thought.....It may have someone to do with 1Password. I have had a number of cases just like this when using Dashlane (another automatic password filler).

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 04:56:45 AM »
Everyone knows Lastpass is better, anyway. 

Lastpass + Google Authenticator is my go-to combo.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 12:19:36 PM »

I will respectfully have to disagree here. Have you tried Dashlane? It's such a time saver by not only auto-filling forms, but actually submitting the login - you don't have to lift a finger.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »

I will respectfully have to disagree here. Have you tried Dashlane? It's such a time saver by not only auto-filling forms, but actually submitting the login - you don't have to lift a finger.
Submitting the login as in pressing "Go" automatically as well?  If that's what you mean, Lastpass does that too.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »

Submitting the login as in pressing "Go" automatically as well?  If that's what you mean, Lastpass does that too.

Yes, now I'm intrigued to compare the two again. I switched from Lastpass to Dashlane about 6 months ago.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 06:27:44 AM »

Yes, now I'm intrigued to compare the two again. I switched from Lastpass to Dashlane about 6 months ago.
It's just an option and it was there 6 months ago.  When you save the credentials, two of the boxes is "Auto login" and "Auto Fill".  Auto Login presses go, auto fill just fills it.   Dashlane is supposed to be really close to Lastpass in terms of what people view -- apparently the thing it has over lastpass is the ease of having multiple logins for one page (like Gmail).  However, I wouldn't even consider it until it enables 2 factor authentication.  If you are serious about safety as I assume you are, I'm surprised that wasn't an important feature for you.

berniemadeoff

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
I don't want to discount the importance of security, but what can somebody really do in ur LC account?  Invest in a bunch of undesirable loans, sell your portfolio on folio? 

It takes eons to set up and complete a bank transfer - plenty of time to intervene.  Am I missing something?

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »

It's just an option and it was there 6 months ago.  When you save the credentials, two of the boxes is "Auto login" and "Auto Fill".  Auto Login presses go, auto fill just fills it.   Dashlane is supposed to be really close to Lastpass in terms of what people view -- apparently the thing it has over lastpass is the ease of having multiple logins for one page (like Gmail).  However, I wouldn't even consider it until it enables 2 factor authentication.  If you are serious about safety as I assume you are, I'm surprised that wasn't an important feature for you.

That is a good point. I use two factor authentication on email and banking sites, but still absolute protection would be to have it through Dashlane. You're right on the multiple accounts component - I find it very useful (with LC for example, I have 5 accounts I manage).

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »
I don't want to discount the importance of security, but what can somebody really do in ur LC account?  Invest in a bunch of undesirable loans, sell your portfolio on folio? 

It takes eons to set up and complete a bank transfer - plenty of time to intervene.  Am I missing something?
My knowledge of internet security comes mostly from a close friend who spent his younger days breaking into companies and foreign countries - he currently is an unofficial informant to the FBI on the happenings in "Anon" and related parties now.  But basically something like LC could be useful for information as well as the financial information.  They could use that to figure out where you have a bank account at, for example.  And unless you are using 100% unrelated password and logins, they have information on the possible login credentials.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 05:18:30 PM »
That is a good point. I use two factor authentication on email and banking sites, but still absolute protection would be to have it through Dashlane. You're right on the multiple accounts component - I find it very useful (with LC for example, I have 5 accounts I manage).
Yea, if someone happened to get that password it's game over flip (key logger, for example).  They have keys to your entire internet kingdom. 

I also run my internet browser through Sandboxie, so I can ensure no malware/viruses/badstuff start replicating all over my computer.  The files can only install in the "sandbox" partition and have limited rights.  One click and everything in that "Sandbox" gets deleted immediately and it never had a chance to replicate outside.  My hacker friend informed me of Sandboxie and advised I get it after asking him about a new strain of malware.