Author Topic: is it just me?  (Read 11554 times)

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: is it just me?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:01 PM »
That is a good point. I use two factor authentication on email and banking sites, but still absolute protection would be to have it through Dashlane. You're right on the multiple accounts component - I find it very useful (with LC for example, I have 5 accounts I manage).
Yea, if someone happened to get that password it's game over flip (key logger, for example).  They have keys to your entire internet kingdom. 

I also run my internet browser through Sandboxie, so I can ensure no malware/viruses/badstuff start replicating all over my computer.  The files can only install in the "sandbox" partition and have limited rights.  One click and everything in that "Sandbox" gets deleted immediately and it never had a chance to replicate outside.  My hacker friend informed me of Sandboxie and advised I get it after asking him about a new strain of malware.

What if you use a computer other than your own?

YellowSeed

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 11:32:03 PM »
Bryce,

Did you make any changes in the last day or so?  I thought for shits and giggles I would try logging on in Chrome Beta again and there was not a problem.  Hopefully, you did make a change so I will not feel stupid for this being some sort of user error.

The only problem I had when I logged in earlier today at 2:03pm and there were no picks :); man those notes are disappearing fast.

Cheers

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:00:06 AM »
There was a hiccup on LC's site at the 2:03 load. The download didn't have any of the new notes. 5 minutes later when my site tried to download a new file, it hiccuped again and failed. Finally at 2:13 there was a new post with 13 notes (all of which were 50%+ funded).

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:02:53 AM »
In case you ever see 0 notes at 3 after the hour, wait around 5 minutes if you can for a 2nd load. Sometimes LC is a tad late after the hour.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 06:18:02 AM »

What part is that dealing with?  Lastpass or Sandboxie?   I generally don't go to any sensitive websites on a friend's computer.  But I use the following for Laspass

If you are using an untrusted public computer and need to access your LastPass data but are hesitant to do so because of potential keyloggers, LastPass provides One Time Passwords (OTPs) as one option for securely accessing your account.

While using a trusted computer, go to https://lastpass.com/otp.php to create a list of random passwords that can be used only once to log into LastPass. You must be logged into the plugin to manage your OTPs. From this page, you will be given the option to Add a New One Time password, Clear All OTPs, or Print your OTPs:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:20:38 AM by rawraw »

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 11:38:17 AM »

What part is that dealing with?  Lastpass or Sandboxie?   I generally don't go to any sensitive websites on a friend's computer.  But I use the following for Laspass

If you are using an untrusted public computer and need to access your LastPass data but are hesitant to do so because of potential keyloggers, LastPass provides One Time Passwords (OTPs) as one option for securely accessing your account.

While using a trusted computer, go to https://lastpass.com/otp.php to create a list of random passwords that can be used only once to log into LastPass. You must be logged into the plugin to manage your OTPs. From this page, you will be given the option to Add a New One Time password, Clear All OTPs, or Print your OTPs:

I was referring to Sanboxie. The ironic thing is that I just received an e-mail from Dashlane about new BETA versions:

Android
New: An integrated browser giving you autofill and autologins
New: 2-factor authentication using Google Authenticator (once enabled on desktop)
New: Tablet compatibility
New: Brand new UI and enhanced usability
New: Portrait/landscape orientation

iOS
New: 2-factor authentication using Google Authenticator (once enabled on desktop)

Mac & PC
New: 2-factor authentication using Google Authenticator
New: UI and enhanced usability
Improved: Autologin on sites with 2-steps or 3-fields, such as banks
Improved: Better receipt and screenshot capturing of purchases

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »
I'm sure they knew that 2-Factor authentication was hurting them.  For the general population, they would say "2 Factor what?"  But for people who use these type of programs, I bet a high % of them use 2 factor.

Sounds like it's getting really similiar to Lastpass.  Lastpass has the browser feature on the Android.