Doctor
Lawyer
Teacher
Public Service - Police, Fire and related
Other
Small Business Owner
Blogger
Technology - IT sector jobs

Author Topic: What do You do for a living (you know, in real, non LC life:) )  (Read 16984 times)

SarahV

Re: What do You do for a living (you know, in real, non LC life:) )
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2013, 02:09:00 AM »
Not quite sure which option to pick - my main job is in print publishing, but part of it is IT/tech stuff... I also do occasional freelance work and I have a music blog.
How are you so cool. . .
Seriously, I could not be a bigger geek if I tried ;D   Oh sure, a music blog SOUNDS cool, but it turns out I write about avant jazz and contemporary classical and weird local bands who wear top hats and write circus music...  :P

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2013, 07:27:33 AM »
Not quite sure which option to pick - my main job is in print publishing, but part of it is IT/tech stuff... I also do occasional freelance work and I have a music blog.
How are you so cool. . .
Seriously, I could not be a bigger geek if I tried ;D   Oh sure, a music blog SOUNDS cool, but it turns out I write about avant jazz and contemporary classical and weird local bands who wear top hats and write circus music...  :P
You just keep getting more interesting! ha ha

Do you share this blog?

SarahV

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2013, 09:49:36 AM »
Sure. In theory you should be able to click the little globe icon under my name (WORLD wide web, get it?) and it will take you to my website.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2013, 12:17:00 AM »
Sorry for being late; have been traveling lately.

I have the usual 9-5 office job.  The only thing that makes it a bit more interesting is the investment bank portion, mainly because of the incessant limelight; otherwise, it is mostly meetings, Excel, and PowerPoint.  I have been with 2 of the last Wall Street investment banks  in the past few years. 

I migrated from sell-side (investment banks) to buy-side (investment mgmt) recently.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:52:27 AM by Fred »

Lloigor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:03 AM »
Airplane pilot, in my 30s.  Hoping to retire out of the country by 50, expecting to by 55.

Excellent!  Now that job would be fun as hell.  I've got my license but backed out of taking that as a career at the last minute.  Cost of entry was high.  Sure would have been fun though.  This was back when flight attendants were stewardesses and they looked the part too.

So that's what you do for your career, but how do you make a living?  How are you eating?  Do you get food stamps?  Heheh I'm just kidding.  Mostly.  I know it's bad out there.
Marry someone who makes more than I do.  Kidding, mostly.

Lucky Loser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2013, 04:26:14 PM »
I sell and service Nuclear Medical cameras specifically for Cardiologist. I help them make them dollar bucks.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2013, 05:50:47 PM »
I'm a landlord, a high end hotel and restaurant "mystery shopper", a financial adviser, and employed as a consultant of sorts for depository institutions ranging greatly in size.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: What do You do for a living (you know, in real, non LC life:) )
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2013, 06:09:23 PM »
I'm a landlord, a high end hotel and restaurant "mystery shopper", a financial adviser, and employed as a consultant of sorts for depository institutions ranging greatly in size.

Does that mean a consultant to banks?

Sent with Tapatalk 4 on my HTC DNA.

rawraw

• View Profile

Something like that, yes. I can't be specific for several reasons though. But I get a lot of exposure and insights on how things work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Show Me The $

• View Profile

Something like that, yes. I can't be specific for several reasons though. But I get a lot of exposure and insights on how things work.

I have got to tell you, that sounds awesome! I only have 1 of those tasks (landlord) but am very involved with a small bank, would love to consult one day, sounds like a tough way to get in if you didnt rise up through 'the system'

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email

I have got to tell you, that sounds awesome! I only have 1 of those tasks (landlord) but am very involved with a small bank, would love to consult one day, sounds like a tough way to get in if you didnt rise up through 'the system'

Definitely. How did you manage to score a consulting job like that - especially at such a young age?

lender_john

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2013, 11:04:05 AM »
Another one in IT..

Mostly Healthcare IT consulting and application/system architecture.
A few tech and non-tech projects on the side, but not quite enough to quit my main job.

lc12

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 12:42:35 PM »
Im a power plant operator here in Florida. Not as cool or fun as most of yall but it pays...

meggie01

• View Profile
    • An Investment Journey
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 05:10:57 AM »
I'm a college student studying marketing and I'm a blogger/article writer/online marketer

mukoh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 01:11:02 AM »
I have a few small IT ventures. Private equity in developments as well as development companies.
Just joined the forum and am 9 month LC investor now.