Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 16159 times)

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
Favorite Beer
« on: October 28, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »
Whats everyone's favorite beer out there.   Here in Colorado we have over 105 Microbreweries with 1000's of beers to choose from.

MY favorite is 90 Shilling made by Odell's out of Fort Collins, CO.  Its a amber ale that goes well with most meaty meals.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:43:47 PM »
I am also in Colorado and I am partial to another popular homegrown brew: Fat Tire. If I am in the mood for something lighter then any German wheat beer is great. If that is not available then I will settle for a Blue Moon.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »
Can't go wrong with Fat Tire.  Its the first beer that made realize that there are far better choices than just Coors or Budweiser.

About 5 years I was out in Vegas.  I asked for a beer, the first one offered was Fat Tire.  Then I new that New Belgium had come into their own.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Believe it or not I was introduced to Fat Tire at a Red Robin in Denver in the early '90's. Back then I don't think you could get it outside Colorado. Now, I see it everywhere. People are much more inclined to want good beer these days than the mass-produced stuff.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
Even to the point where the big producers are buying some microbrews to stay ahead of the game.

Keltset

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 03:23:36 PM »
It may be a year old topic but why not...

My favorite beer is my home brewed Honey Kolsch from a northern brewer extract kit:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/honey-koelsch-extract-kit.html

Home Brewed is the way 2 go!

SeanMcD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
Home Brewed is the way 2 go!

I'll drink to that! :)  I generally have six of my beers on tap at any given time, but my Scottish Wee Heavy is the one that I try to always have around.  It's getting dangerously low now, so I'll probably need to do a Black Friday brew day.

JerryB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 09:27:18 PM »
Amen to home brewing!! But if I had to choose a mainstream beer my go to beer is Sam Adams Boston Lager.
"Experienced traders control risk, inexperienced traders chase gains." -Alan Farley

Trends tend to persist…..until they don’t. And that’ s why God made stops. –Frank Gretz

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 02:25:33 PM »
Not that much of a drinker, but.............Do you keep your consumption of non-mainstream beers to under 10% of the total or do you routinely exceed that percentage. I routinely exceed that because 10% or under doesn't do much for my overall appreciation/enjoyment of the entire beer drinking experience.  :)

Any other thoughts?

AnilG

• View Profile
    • PeerCube
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 02:43:12 AM »
I am not much of a drinker ... only a few beers a month. I prefer Japanese beers specially Sapporo. I also like Shiner Bock. BTW, 13 years ago I worked for one of the big three major brewers. Most specialty and imported beer brands are brewed and bottled by these three major brewers. A lot of brands that are considered non-mainstream is just marketing twist.
---
Anil Gupta
PeerCube Thoughts blog https://www.peercube.com/blog
PeerCube https://www.peercube.com

faeriering

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 10:13:34 AM »
I love drinking Angry Orchard right now (I know it's not officially a beer, but soo goood)

Bilgefisher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:21:37 AM »
Not that much of a drinker, but.............Do you keep your consumption of non-mainstream beers to under 10% of the total or do you routinely exceed that percentage. I routinely exceed that because 10% or under doesn't do much for my overall appreciation/enjoyment of the entire beer drinking experience.  :)

Any other thoughts?

Dan I agree.  First mainstream beer Ive had in years was recently a bud.  Call me a beer snob, but I'd rather drink water than a Bud.  Coors can only be done with as a red Coors.

I live in Colorado, its the Napa Valley of beer making.  Over 160 microbreweries.  Have a mainstream beer here is liking having box wine in Napa.

Just tried a Odell (Fort Collins) Red at Old Chicago's.  Very good.  My main beer lately has been Avalanche Ale by Breckenridge Brewing CO.

American in Busan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 07:44:07 PM »
Sapporo and Yebisu are the best Japanese beers. Asahi and Kirin are god awful. Korean beers are awful. San Miguel is awful Philipino shit.

At bars, Hoegaarden because it's available in Korea. Otherwise, Guinness is okay once in a while, IPA, Blue Moon. Sweeter things for me. 312 was good when I was in Chicago.

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
Favorite Beer
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
In Japan I think my favorite breweries are Hitachino And Baird. Baird is funny because in hong kong it is imported by "foreign devil beer"

dontbrew
(edited typos from phone)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:41:48 PM by dontvote »
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms

ee1x

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 06:27:41 PM »
Tuborg Classic. I loved it while I was visiting Europe last month and when I returned home I was saddened to learn it's not available in the USA.
Investing since March 2012