Author Topic: Prosper reduces individual-investor threshold to 50%  (Read 5197 times)

ee1x

• View Profile
    • Email
Prosper reduces individual-investor threshold to 50%
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »
In an email to Prosper investors:

Investor,

In his note to investors at the end of April, President Aaron Vermut talked about important changes to the Prosper platform, including imposing a limit on an individual's stake in a given loan from the standard loan pool. This was a common request from members concerned about their ability to compete in the marketplace with larger investors.

We have continued to listen to your feedback and to monitor the effect of the changes we made in April and as a result have decided to adjust the policy. For that reason, effective the close of business today, the maximum stake an individual lender can take in a loan from the standard loan pool will be reduced to 50%.

We appreciate your feedback and are committed to helping our retail investors build diversified portfolios across all Prosper Ratings and loan terms.

Thank you,
Prosper Lender Services

Thoughts?
Investing since March 2012

berniemadeoff

Re: Prosper reduces individual-investor threshold to 50%
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 03:38:29 PM »
Just saw this too... see, they do listen.  Maybe time to step back into Prosper?

BTW - what do you guys use to analyze Prosper portfolio performance?  My understanding is Prosper-Stats doesn't work anymore for individual usernames.  NSR only works for LC.  Anything else out there?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 03:40:45 PM by berniemadeoff »

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »
I received this email as well and can say that it is a welcome sign.  I have, in the past month, restarted investing in Prosper.  My filters have been keeping me full.  To test how quickly loans get funded I have been logging in to look at the loans Prosper's auto investment tool as soon as I get the notification via email and most of the time they are fully funded.  I am not sure what kind of delay there is between when the email goes out and when my $25.00 actually gets put into the loan.

dagilbe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »
Great news for retail investors.  Now only if they even the playing field by eliminating the whole loan program.   ;D

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 07:31:29 AM »
I'm starting to think we have a Napoleon complex on Lendacademy.com/forum.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:39 AM »
BTW - what do you guys use to analyze Prosper portfolio performance?  My understanding is Prosper-Stats doesn't work anymore for individual usernames.  NSR only works for LC.  Anything else out there?

With the demise of the bid data there is no service that can accurately do any kind of portfolio analysis on individual accounts. And there is no download available either so investors are out of luck. I have been told some kind of download ability for existing notes (like Lending Club has) is in the works.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

berniemadeoff

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 08:18:18 AM »
Thanks for the info Peter.  Hopefully this feature will come soon.

rocco.g

• View Profile
    • Nickel Steamroller
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 03:10:12 PM »
Thanks for the info Peter.  Hopefully this feature will come soon.

I have added a new feature to Prosper-Stats for this.  You can now download your notes list through their API and perform analysis similar to what you could do with the old bid data.   You only have access to your personal bid data through the API, so you won't be able to analyze updated data for other investors.  I made a blog post with additional details about this (http://blog.prosper-stats.com/2013/06/download-your-note-list.html).