Author Topic: IR Hype Blue-Red Bars  (Read 2448 times)

edward

• View Profile
IR Hype Blue-Red Bars
« on: June 13, 2013, 05:00:18 PM »
"Every time a user in Interest Radar clicks a loan to invest, the loan is promoted up in this page. If you are a believer of the crowd wisdom, take your pick from this list of highly-desired loans!"

Rev, this sentence is from your "Top Invested" section of IR. Just want to clarify:

(1) Does this sentence mean each time an IR user simply "clicks" on a loan to review it, or does it mean each time an IR user actually "buys" a loan that the "positive" blue IR Hype bar grows?

(2) What causes the "negative" red IR Hype bar to grow? It must be clicks and review without a purchase, I'm thinking....

By the way, I've started using the Auto-Sell and I'm loving it. It gives me a way to begin to alter my portfolio from 60 months to 36 months and try out different selling percentages above par for various grades. The automatic relisting sure is easier than manually!  Based on a strategy suggested by another forum member, I can list a substantial percentage of my notes, and if they sell great; if not, I just continue to receive the payments. 

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
Re: IR Hype Blue-Red Bars
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:23:42 PM »
(1) No, it means "clicks to invest", not "clicks to view". It's when they click "Invest $25" or whatever amount they have set up.
(2) It's when people "click to discard".

I'm glad you like auto-sell!

edward

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, rev.

edward

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »
For those IR users that use the discard feature, what causes you to discard notes? Do they not meet your unique needs, or do you see a problem with the underlying elements of the notes themselves?

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 11:55:07 PM »
"For those IR users that use the discard feature, what causes you to discard notes? Do they not meet your unique needs, or do you see a problem with the underlying elements of the notes themselves? "

My filter criteria for new issues is very tight.  Normally, I don't question the results I get, but there are two reasons why I would use "Discard".

1.)  Something in the loan details or description just doesn't jive and it gives me a bad feeling.
2.)  Being in a Folio state, I need to watch the markups.  1% to 2% for most, 2.5% for a note still providing a strong return.  (Like D,E or F).  Anything over that gets discarded.
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014