Author Topic: Would you kindly invest in my loan?  (Read 7174 times)

Borkie

• View Profile
Would you kindly invest in my loan?
« on: June 19, 2013, 02:33:01 PM »
Hi there,

I am trying to get out of debt once and for all! If you would take a few minutes to review my listing and consider investing, I would be very grateful. Please see the description in the loan listing for a detailed explanation of the request. Thank you!

https://www.prosper.com/invest/listing.aspx?listingID=813490

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Would you kindly invest in my loan?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
Hi Borkie-

Welcome to the Lend Academy forum! Glad to hear that you are taking steps to eliminate your debt. While I personally do not invest in the Prosper platform, I know there are lots of folks on our forum that do, and would be happy to help you with an investment.

How did you come across the Lend Academy site/forum, if you don't mind my asking?

Good luck!

Borkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
Hi Zach!

I appreciate your reply. I heard about your forum through a basic websearch, and it was also mentioned on Reddit in the R/SocialLending section. Seems to be the most active and informative forum that I've come across so far.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
Hi Zach!

I appreciate your reply. I heard about your forum through a basic websearch, and it was also mentioned on Reddit in the R/SocialLending section. Seems to be the most active and informative forum that I've come across so far.

We definitely are the most active forum that is centered on peer to peer lending :)

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 02:57:24 AM »
Borkie,

Any reasons why you use Prosper instead of Lending Club?

As a lender, I find Prosper lately is a bit more friendly toward institutional investors, and less friendly toward retail investors (like many in this Forum).

If you somehow are unsuccessful with Prosper, try posting your loan in Lending Club.

clostrom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 11:33:54 AM »
Borkie,

As a lender, I find Prosper lately is a bit more friendly toward institutional investors, and less friendly toward retail investors (like many in this Forum).

If you somehow are unsuccessful with Prosper, try posting your loan in Lending Club.
Prosper's recent change to only allow 50% of any one loan to go to 1 investor goes a long way to rectify that perception, Fred.    And that perception only pertains to lenders.   Borkie is a borrower which should not matter who he goes with.    Also keep in mind their are a few states that don't allow Lending Club or Prosper and their is only one game in town for those folks.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »
Borkie,

Prosper's recent change to only allow 50% of any one loan to go to 1 investor goes a long way to rectify that perception, Fred.    And that perception only pertains to lenders.   Borkie is a borrower which should not matter who he goes with.    Also keep in mind their are a few states that don't allow Lending Club or Prosper and their is only one game in town for those folks.
I still don't get what the big deal is.  2 Institutional Investors will wipe out the loans just as quickly -- the amount being invested doesn't change, so they just hit more loans.

Randawl

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »
Borkie,

I still don't get what the big deal is.  2 Institutional Investors will wipe out the loans just as quickly -- the amount being invested doesn't change, so they just hit more loans.

If any of these companies truly want to make fractional loans available to more people they would limit each SSN (not simply per account because you can have multiple) or institution to a much smaller limit per loan, such as $500.  The whole loan programs are designed for institutions and whales.  Leave the fractional pool to the smaller retail fish.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
^Good points.  Which is why I have no idea why people care so much about this rule -- maybe Prosper realizes we investors have little man syndrome and used it as a PR move.