Author Topic: Feedback on Foliofn  (Read 2918 times)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Feedback on Foliofn
« on: November 10, 2011, 05:11:21 PM »
I am doing a post on Foliofn and I don't consider myself an expert on it - I have only used it a dozen times or so to sell notes. Never to buy notes. But I get a ton of emails from people wanting help on Folio probably because it is such a pain to use. I am going to produce a post helping people with this.

Any feedback on tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks, Peter
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

DiligentiaLLC

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feedback on Foliofn
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
In the past I did a lot of buying on Foliofn with my personal account(s).  I used it as a way to accelerate purchasing but as time has gone by I have almost completely moved away from it for at least the following reasons:

1.  Lack of available and meaningful filters, which in turn create way too much time spent finding the right type of notes.
2.  Little or no institutional investor support.
3.  Tendency for notes to be less payment reliable.  Even if you search for notes that are "Never Late", I noticed a disproportional amount of these notes to go into grace period shortly thereafter.

I feel for the reasons above (among others), the overall liquidity of member dependent notes should be questioned more acutely.   I could see some investors becoming hesitant to take large positions in member dependent note platforms if they feel they may run into issues selling notes - or only able to sell them at considerable discounts.

In the interest of fairness, I have found some absolute jewels on foliofn where the owner was wanting/needing to sell quality notes at a serious discount for whatever personal reason.  Those instances have created some fruitful ROI opportunities, but I have experienced more negative than positive.

Overall, I have been underwhelmed with Foliofn.  I really hope the technology improves.

Hope that was helpful.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Feedback on Foliofn
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
Thanks Chris. I appreciate the feedback - that is certainly helpful.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns