Author Topic: LendingClub API OrderSubmitOrders action  (Read 23833 times)

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: LendingClub API OrderSubmitOrders action
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 05:44:43 PM »
No, LC will make something more friendly for users of its site. And there are third-party sites to give you access to the API, but you have to pay.

Do you have a link to those sites?

The best one (in my opinion) is Interestradar.com. The other two are bluevestment.com, and nickelsteamroller.com (their premium product   - with beta access). I don't believe there are any others at this point.

ThinleyWangchuk

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
No, LC will make something more friendly for users of its site. And there are third-party sites to give you access to the API, but you have to pay.

The best one (in my opinion) is Interestradar.com. The other two are bluevestment.com, and nickelsteamroller.com (their premium product   - with beta access). I don't believe there are any others at this point.

In regards to those sites, specifically IR, is there a slight lag time (i.e. 1min) from the time the loan is posted on LC to the time it is posted on IR.  Would the autoinvest feature be able to invest in a loan within 10-15 seconds after the loans are listed on LC?

mo

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »

Will they?  I've not seen them make any changes to the user interface on their website.  At least not in the year I've been a customer.  They seem to be weak on the technology side  of things at least on the outward facing side.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 07:25:27 PM by mo »

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 08:53:55 PM »

In regards to those sites, specifically IR, is there a slight lag time (i.e. 1min) from the time the loan is posted on LC to the time it is posted on IR.  Would the autoinvest feature be able to invest in a loan within 10-15 seconds after the loans are listed on LC?

This would be a better answered question by Rev (the site owner), but I personally use auto-invest and get pretty much all of the higher-interest rate notes that fit into my strategies (I would say that that IR is fast enough to get about 95% of all loans that meet your strategy).

gamassey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
I am attempting to interface with the LendingClub API using SOAP in PHP. I've generated some classes using wsdl2php. The wsdl file can be found here: https://www.lendingclub.com/ws/1.3?wsdl

How did you get access or find out about the API?  Is there any documentation for it?

Thanks,

Allen

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »
Someone should make a wiki
Writes at the peer to peer lending site LendingMemo.

mo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
You need to ask LendingClub for it.  Anyone that has had it enabled for their account and has gotten the official documentation for it has signed an agreement that among other things states that they won't disclose the documentation or a derivative of it to any third party.

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 12:31:29 PM »
"Anyone that has had it enabled for their account and has gotten the official documentation for it has signed an agreement that among other things states that they won't disclose the documentation or a derivative of it to any third party."

Are you saying that creating a how-to wiki would be against the API agreement? How is this any different from having API code discussions on thus forum?
Writes at the peer to peer lending site LendingMemo.

mo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
Are you saying that creating a how-to wiki would be against the API agreement? How is this any different from having API code discussions on thus forum?

I'm not a lawyer but it seems like it would be.  Hard to say what LC is trying to prevent by putting that clause in there or if they would enforce it but it is there.  This is all a moot point though because you can't use the API with your account unless you contact LC and sign the agreement at which point you are going to get the documentation anyways.

heateds22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 06:26:52 PM »
I personally found this open source program very helpful for managing automatic orders in my LC account

https://github.com/git-hemant/LC-automatique

Fee

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 08:28:18 PM »
You need to ask LendingClub for it.  Anyone that has had it enabled for their account and has gotten the official documentation for it has signed an agreement that among other things states that they won't disclose the documentation or a derivative of it to any third party.

This concerns me. This secret keeping that LC seems to be doing does not seem to be good for investors or borrowers. It seems that their dissemination of information on a whole is extremely poor. My guess is that they are trying to cover flaws in their system until they are able to be patched.

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 11:18:31 AM »

This concerns me. This secret keeping that LC seems to be doing does not seem to be good for investors or borrowers. It seems that their dissemination of information on a whole is extremely poor. My guess is that they are trying to cover flaws in their system until they are able to be patched.

The API documentation on LC's site is available to anyone. I'm unaware of any other documentation. I'm not a lawyer but I'd bet there can be no legal prohibition of disclosure of public information.

The relevant wording in the license agreement:
... you shall not ... transfer or disclose the API, any portion thereof or any documentation to any third party ...

What, I wonder as someone fluent in traditional standard English and in several computer programming languages, does it mean to "transfer" an API?

Possibly this post is in violation of this portion of the agreement:
You shall not ... Make any disparaging statements or representations, either directly or indirectly, whether orally or in writing, by word or gesture, to any person or entity whatsoever, about Lending Club, our affiliates or subsidiaries or our or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, accountants, shareholders, attorneys or advisors. For purposes of this paragraph, a disparaging statement or representation is any communication which, if publicized to another, would cause or tend to cause the recipient of the communication to question the business condition, integrity, competence, good character or product quality of the person or entity to whom the communication relates. [emphasis added]

Or perhaps it's not; the paragraph continues:
This paragraph does not, in any way, restrict or impede you from exercising protected rights to the extent that such rights cannot be waived by agreement ...

avid investor

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »
Agree with Brec.  What has been put in the public domain (as the API docs have been) can't be construed as intellectual property.  You gave it up.

Thatguybil

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:27 PM »
Agree with Brec.  What has been put in the public domain (as the API docs have been) can't be construed as intellectual property.  You gave it up.

What about all the unpublished "quirks" and undocumented features in the API...?
Those are not publicly disclosed. :)

Fred93

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 09:13:45 PM »
What has been put in the public domain (as the API docs have been) can't be construed as intellectual property.  You gave it up.

IP rights are a bit more complex than that.  There are many different kinds of intellectual property rights.  Publishing (which is what LC has done by putting the API information on the web site) does not put something into "public domain".

Publishing does take a thing out of the category known as "trade secret", because of course you can't claim something is a secret if you have published it.  Perhaps that's what you were thinking of.