Author Topic: LendingClub API OrderSubmitOrders action  (Read 23828 times)

hoggy1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: LendingClub API OrderSubmitOrders action
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 09:04:07 AM »

What document is this quoted from?

You shall not ... Make any disparaging statements or representations, either directly or indirectly, whether orally or in writing, by word or gesture, to any person or entity whatsoever, about Lending Club, our affiliates or subsidiaries or our or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, accountants, shareholders, attorneys or advisors. For purposes of this paragraph, a disparaging statement or representation is any communication which, if publicized to another, would cause or tend to cause the recipient of the communication to question the business condition, integrity, competence, good character or product quality of the person or entity to whom the communication relates. [emphasis added]

I checked the documents I signed when I got the original API 8 months ago and this language is not in there.
Steve

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »

What document is this quoted from?

You shall not ... Make any disparaging statements or representations, either directly or indirectly, whether orally or in writing, by word or gesture, to any person or entity whatsoever, about Lending Club, our affiliates or subsidiaries or our or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, consultants, accountants, shareholders, attorneys or advisors. For purposes of this paragraph, a disparaging statement or representation is any communication which, if publicized to another, would cause or tend to cause the recipient of the communication to question the business condition, integrity, competence, good character or product quality of the person or entity to whom the communication relates. [emphasis added]

I checked the documents I signed when I got the original API 8 months ago and this language is not in there.

Based on other posts I've seen on this forum, it used to be the case that API access required contacting LC and involved paper documents. But in my newbie experience, that has changed: I obtained API access about three weeks ago entirely online in the course of a minute or two. At that time I saved the web page "Investor API License and Terms and Conditions," which contains the quoted language.

hoggy1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
WOW! And you signed it?
Steve

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »
WOW! And you signed it?

As with most if not all online legalize such as software license agreements, I clicked the required checkbox or button without reading. As noted previously, I saved it. Later I actually looked at it. I've not yet invested dollar one.

I'm curious now as to whether what you signed allows them to change the agreement without notice (I think it probably doesn't, but it's possible).

The license agreement presented to me is, as far as I can find, not available online except during the process of signing up for API access.

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2014, 12:27:39 PM »
I'm curious now as to whether what you signed allows them to change the agreement without notice (I think it probably doesn't, but it's possible).

In this post from last August I found this link to what appears to be the Agreement of several months ago. It contains:
LendingClub may modify this Agreement or the Overview at any time with or without notice. If a subsequent version of any of the foregoing is unacceptable to you your only option is to delete the API. If you continue to use the API, you will be deemed to have accepted all modifications to the API, this Agreement and the Overview and your failure to update the API will enable Lending Club to block your access to the Platform through the API.

Kombinator

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2014, 12:35:28 PM »
I personally violate the gesture covenant rather frequently:)