Author Topic: Shameless loan promotion (since no one else is doing it)  (Read 4050 times)

mstar

• View Profile
Shameless loan promotion (since no one else is doing it)
« on: April 08, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
I don't see any other posts here to promote loans so I'm guessing this may be the first...

As of writing I am 79% funded. The loan is to cover cashflow for a new apartment as I relocate with my family back to NYC.

Basically budgeting up to $3K a month in rent so Deposit + 1st Month + Broker = $9000.

It is on track to be funded by Thursday (if current rate of investment keeps up).

I am promoting it because my we'd like to head to NYC sooner to scout for an apartment - as early this week if possible. If I'm writing a check for all of the above I obviously want to know that I have the funds available (I'm also assuming that there is a usual transfer delay from funds being dispersed and hitting my back account - anyone know more?). I'd rather not use the companies relocation package as I'd lose money since it is treated as taxable income.

As stated in the "Loan Description" I've never missed a payment for a credit card or loan. My credit is excellent and my other monthly obligations are <$270 for a car payment, and I usually put an optional few hundred against my Amex (under $1800 due there). All minimal. My salary in my new job continues to be in lower 6-figure range.

Click now for more info and the loan itself:
https://www.lendingclub.com/browse/loanDetail.action?loan_id=1219606

All the best.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:11:30 AM by mstar »

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Shameless loan promotion (since no one else is doing it)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:24:59 PM »
Mstar, It is totally fine to promote your loan in this section. I took a look at your loan listing I can assure you that you will have no trouble getting fully funded. I would expect you will be funded with by end of day Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest. Tomorrow your loan will hit 7 days on the platform and after that time there are more institutional investors who come in and snap up loans like yours. Of course, there are no guarantees, but I would be shocked if your loan is not fully funded by the end of day Wednesday.

Since you are already approved, you should see the money in your bank account with 2 days of your loan being fully funded by investors. You can read this blog post for more information:
http://www.lendacademy.com/borrowing-2/what-to-expect-when-applying-for-a-personal-loan-at-lending-club/
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

mstar

• View Profile
Re: Shameless loan promotion (since no one else is doing it)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:03:59 AM »
Thanks for replying and I appreciate the info.

I've been watching the page and its fascinating. I'm part of Kiva and regularly contribute to micro-loans so now I know how the other side feels to some degree.