Author Topic: Feeding time - question about LC filters  (Read 1469 times)

415ab

Feeding time - question about LC filters
« on: August 23, 2013, 09:24:53 PM »
Feeding time again.  Minutes before the 6 pm PT load, there were just 40 notes total available.  I hit refresh a couple of times, and there were only 8 available a couple of the times I hit load, but then fluctuated back around 40.

I only need to ask this question because the notes go so fast now:  around :02 after, when the notes load, I've noticed that if I hit it during mid load, all the notes may not have loaded yet.  I used to be able to have time to refresh again to verify and sometimes more notes had loaded.  My question is, is the LC filter running against the cache of what I loaded last, or is it going out and doing a new pull, and doing another refresh does not matter? Seconds really count.

No notes passed my filter this time, but it looks like 90+ of the ~100 notes added were gone within 5 minutes as it is back down to 43 notes available.   

cfb

• View Profile
Re: Feeding time - question about LC filters
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 09:49:36 PM »
It wasn't until about 6:03 or 6:04 that they landed.  About 10 passed my filter, but only 4 were there by the time I tried to add them to the cart.  They dropped a little later and sold out much faster than earlier in the day.

I just hit refresh on the 'browse notes' until I see a bunch.  I haven't tried refreshing just the filtered list.  Be good to know if that works, as that'd take a few seconds out of the process and that's apparently critical.

There was even a G5 other/other note that disappeared between seeing the inventory spike and when I went back to the available list.  Amazing.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Feeding time - question about LC filters
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »
Then, even when they're in the cart you can't look at them on Interest Radar or PeerCube because as soon as they're "closing" both IR and PC can't get them any more.  So you're on your own with "eyes only".