Author Topic: More gaming of the system?  (Read 17688 times)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: More gaming of the system?
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01:18 AM »
I will bet dollars to donuts that they will use the P2P angle to hype their IPO.  Why else would somebody like Mary Meeker be on that board?  The anti-bank angle will work too, this always plays well with the masses.

Hmmm I wonder if that couldn't be used against them?  Or more precisely get them to do away with all this playing favorites with the institutions (whole loans etc) -- if they try to use that angle pre-IPO.  If everyone went on a campaign blasting article comments and other online channels with the real story it might have some kind of effect.  At least negate their whole BS p2p angle.  Gee, I wish I knew someone with some expertise in writing err... "mass marketing" software. :)

berniemadeoff

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »
I will bet dollars to donuts that they will use the P2P angle to hype their IPO.  Why else would somebody like Mary Meeker be on that board?  The anti-bank angle will work too, this always plays well with the masses.

Hmmm I wonder if that couldn't be used against them?  Or more precisely get them to do away with all this playing favorites with the institutions (whole loans etc) -- if they try to use that angle pre-IPO.  If everyone went on a campaign blasting article comments and other online channels with the real story it might have some kind of effect.  At least negate their whole BS p2p angle.  Gee, I wish I knew someone with some expertise in writing err... "mass marketing" software. :)

I think the press does read this forum when working on P2P stories.  Hence partly the reason I'm making a big stink about the issues here!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:40:43 AM by berniemadeoff »

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2013, 04:11:35 PM »
Sometimes you have to re-Submit your order 4 or 5 times as the notices get removed a few at a time, at which time you might end up with 1 or even none of the notes you originally put in your basket.

Just tried to buy some notes on Foliofn and was pleasantly surprised to see this message when I submitted my order:

"Note XXXX was removed from this order because its not available any more."

But it went ahead and submitted the rest of my order anyways. Maybe they really do read this forum!

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2013, 08:11:01 PM »
But it went ahead and submitted the rest of my order anyways. Maybe they really do read this forum!

That is awesome news.  Definitely an improvement.  Thanks LC! 

I'm actually quite astonished.