Author Topic: Last update?  (Read 14286 times)

edward

• View Profile
Last update?
« on: August 29, 2013, 09:04:25 AM »
My last update on IR for Folio analysis is 6pm yesterday (ET). Anyone else noticing non-current updates?

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Last update?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 09:25:07 AM »
Although I'm not an IR member, I have heard the same thing from at least one person which matches your 18:00 ET time frame.  LC rolled out new site changes yesterday (including Folio) but I didn't notice anything that should have affected "analysis".  I guess it depends.   At any rate LC always seems to make site updates in the middle of the night so the times point to it possibly being unrelated.

Eager to hear what's going on though.  After every site update, it's a game of nervously waiting to see what might have been changed that they didn't tell us about.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »
Rev is claiming he can't make contact with Lending Club.

Check the note on his Homepage.
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 10:56:44 AM »
It's not on the IR "home page", you must mean the members only home?  I don't have an account and don't want to burn my free trial just to see a message.  Rats.  What does it say?

Is this only affecting the Folio side of things for him?  What about the API-based communication?

edward

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:47 AM »
Thanks NJG and others. Yeah, read the homepage. Novel idea. Rev has posted a message that there is a problem with some of his files not being updated and that he is working on it.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
MAINTENANCE ALERT

Interest Radar is not updating information due to a technical issue connecting to Lending Club.
We are working hard with Lending Club to restore the service.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

The following services are not updating since 8/28, 7 PM EST:

•New loan listings
•Collection log monitoring
•FolioFN refresh
As of April 30, 2014

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:21:13 AM »
New loan listings?  Does that mean the API isn't working?

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
It appears to me that anything connected to Lending Club isn't working.

I hope he gets the issues resolved quickly.

Without Interest Radar, I'm just a total bystander.
As of April 30, 2014

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:26:50 AM »
We are working hard with Lending Club to restore the service.

Thanks for the paste, "NJG".  (Sounds like some rapper's name.)  :) 

That doesn't sound good, that LC has to be involved.  I mean that pretty much rules out everything on Rev's end.  I wonder if they put in some new throttling with the latest update?  This could have bigger consequences than just one service.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:32:04 AM »
Hmmmm.......Is Bryce's service running?  Nobody else has made any mention of problems elsewhere.
As of April 30, 2014

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
Hmmmm.......Is Bryce's service running?  Nobody else has made any mention of problems elsewhere.

Bryce doesn't utilize screen-scraping for any features of P2P-Picks as far as I'm aware. Most of the features that are impacted are related to screen scraping the site. There were probably some cosmetic changes LC made.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 12:09:30 PM »
Most of the features that are impacted are related to screen scraping the site. There were probably some cosmetic changes LC made.

I am assuming that "•New loan listings" come from the API, not screen scraping.  When you say screen scraping was impacted, are you getting that from an inside contact or just based on what Rev has said?

Order flow in Folio was changed.  I didn't see any cosmetic changes that would affect just looking at stuff though.

Also, if cosmetic changes were made, why would Rev have to "work with Lending Club" instead of just making the appropriate changes in his code?  Nah that isn't making sense to me.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
Most of the features that are impacted are related to screen scraping the site. There were probably some cosmetic changes LC made.

I am assuming that "•New loan listings" come from the API, not screen scraping.  When you say screen scraping was impacted, are you getting that from an inside contact or just based on what Rev has said?

Order flow in Folio was changed.  I didn't see any cosmetic changes that would affect just looking at stuff though.

Also, if cosmetic changes were made, why would Rev have to "work with Lending Club" instead of just making the appropriate changes in his code?  Nah that isn't making sense to me.

I believe when he says "work with Lending Club", it's just a better way of presenting that he needs to make changes to his code to work with LC's site changes. I don't really think LC is very responsive to 3rd-party software....Rev, correct me if I'm wrong here.

The New Loan details do come from the API, so that issue I don't have a clue as to what's going on. I doubt they would make significant changes to the API without first letting developers know - site changes I can understand. The institutional folks would be going crazy.

The only way that IR can actually interface with Folio is via very slow-paced screen scraping and I've discussed this component with Rev before.

What do you mean "order flow in folio" changed?

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 12:27:13 PM »

Also add to the clues that Rev said problems connecting to LC.  I do understand the presentation aspect.  Users don't need to be bothered with technical details but this seemed to give some, unasked.

The only way that IR can actually interface with Folio is via very slow-paced screen scraping and I've discussed this component with Rev before.

You discussed it with Rev.... I'm curious, did you previously work at LC?  Your post on the other thread about knowing that Product Guy and all.  And you do seem to know quite a bit of the behind the scenes stuff.

Without going into boring details... After submitting a buy order you used to get a certain page via a redirect.  Now you get a different page without the redirect.  Substantially the same information but slightly different.  I believe this has something to do with them likely fixing a certain glitch but that is purely a guess.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 01:04:52 PM »

Also add to the clues that Rev said problems connecting to LC.  I do understand the presentation aspect.  Users don't need to be bothered with technical details but this seemed to give some, unasked.

You discussed it with Rev.... I'm curious, did you previously work at LC?  Your post on the other thread about knowing that Product Guy and all.  And you do seem to know quite a bit of the behind the scenes stuff.

Without going into boring details... After submitting a buy order you used to get a certain page via a redirect.  Now you get a different page without the redirect.  Substantially the same information but slightly different.  I believe this has something to do with them likely fixing a certain glitch but that is purely a guess.

I am not currently nor was I in the past employed by Lending Club. I know more stuff about behind the scenes because I've been an investor with LC from pretty much the beginning (when the company size was <20 people).

For example, they used to host investor webinars on different topics such as collections, platform enhancements, etc., which I learned some stuff from. Anyone remember those from back in the day?

I guess only time will tell what's really going on - hopefully an update from Rev soon.