Author Topic: If you could add one feature to LC, what would it be?  (Read 6703 times)

GS

• View Profile
If you could add one feature to LC, what would it be?
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
I'd like to see making Payment/Income a filterable item.

Or better yet, allow the user to define their own filter equations.  That probably would be tough to code, but would open endless options.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: If you could add one feature to LC, what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
I would like to see more details about what was said in the telephone calls and emails.  "Borrower contacted LendingClub" doesn't cut it for me.  That could mean innocent question, early payoff, or payment troubles ahead.  I think we deserve to know which it is, since it's our money on the line.  Nothing that would compromise borrower privacy, just a note stating the generalities. Also, it doesn't take 4 business days to know that an ACH payment failed.  What makes it ok for them to keep this information under their hat until days later? 

I shouldn't have to guess about what's going on with my notes when LC already knows damn well exactly what's about to happen.

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
I would like to see more details about what was said in the telephone calls and emails.  "Borrower contacted LendingClub" doesn't cut it for me.  That could mean innocent question, early payoff, or payment troubles ahead.  I think we deserve to know which it is, since it's our money on the line.  Nothing that would compromise borrower privacy, just a note stating the generalities. Also, it doesn't take 4 business days to know that an ACH payment failed.  What makes it ok for them to keep this information under their hat until days later? 

I shouldn't have to guess about what's going on with my notes when LC already knows damn well exactly what's about to happen.

Really? Please give us a few examples of the type of "innocent question" you think is being asked.

Wow, it takes 4 days for you to find out that a ACH payment has failed? Interesting.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 11:05:31 PM »
Really? Please give us a few examples of the type of "innocent question" you think is being asked.

- I have changed banks.  How do I update that?
- I forgot my password and can't get it reset
- Can I pay 2 days early this month?
- How are you guys calculating this interest?  My numbers are different.  etc.
- Can I pay with a money order this month?
- Why aren't you reporting to Experian?
- If you lock my account again does that mean I don't have to pay?
- May I speak with Stephanie please?
- Can I change my payment date?
- I would like to pay weekly instead of monthly

It could be anything.

Wow, it takes 4 days for you to find out that a ACH payment has failed? Interesting.

Yes, I personally don't know that a payment has failed until it either says so in the collection log, the accrued interest increases after decreasing (doubt this still happens cause I haven't seen it recently), or the payment doesn't process with the others from that day.  If I'm interpreting this DanB riddle correctly it would mean I have missed an exploit.  I am sure it is not the first.  Why don't you fill us all in?

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »
I'd like to know how many dependants the borrower has and marital status.  Really only 1 feature since they are inter-related.  I wouldn't think such info is ""discriminatory.  Just about every form you fill-out asks the same question.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »

- I have changed banks.  How do I update that?
- I forgot my password and can't get it reset
- Can I pay 2 days early this month?
- How are you guys calculating this interest?  My numbers are different.  etc.
- Can I pay with a money order this month?
- Why aren't you reporting to Experian?
- If you lock my account again does that mean I don't have to pay?
- May I speak with Stephanie please?
- Can I change my payment date?
- I would like to pay weekly instead of monthly

It could be anything.

Yes, I personally don't know that a payment has failed until it either says so in the collection log, the accrued interest increases after decreasing (doubt this still happens cause I haven't seen it recently), or the payment doesn't process with the others from that day.  If I'm interpreting this DanB riddle correctly it would mean I have missed an exploit.  I am sure it is not the first.  Why don't you fill us all in?

That's not bad. But of the 10 questions you listed we can safely disregard 2 since they only apply to you personally. The remaining 8 don't merit inclusion in any log on any planet imo, but I do concede that they could potentially be asked. In that case, & in answer to the original question posed, I would like to see LC add a call center in somewhere like Panama or the Dominican Republic that is dedicated just for individuals who make those types of calls, or investors who call in continuously about amounts less than 3 cents that may be missing from their accounts.................unless these same people also call in when LC makes an error in their favor.

Nah, I'm just trying to feed your conspiratorial mind.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
I'd like to know how many dependants the borrower has and marital status.  Really only 1 feature since they are inter-related.  I wouldn't think such info is ""discriminatory.  Just about every form you fill-out asks the same question.

But do they require that the question be answered, or is it optional?

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »
But do they require that the question be answered, or is it optional?

The last one I filled out,  last week online, wasn't optional.  It was for an auto insurence quote for a new car I had just bought.

PrimeRisk

• Drinkin' with the Force
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PrimeRisk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - PrimeRisk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2013, 02:11:06 PM »
When a loan gets pulled for any reason and the money magically reappears in your account I'd love to know which one ones got pulled.  I like to look to see if there are trends to the ones that get pulled. 

I know you can go to Order History and see which ones have expired, but once you have 40+ notes a week in funding it becomes difficult to figure out what was the last one to go.
Working diverse passive income solutions as the ticket to retirement.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 02:59:06 PM »
The last one I filled out,  last week online, wasn't optional.  It was for an auto insurence quote for a new car I had just bought.

Asking marital status on an auto insurance quote is a completely different situation.  If you have a wife, you are significantly more likely to end up with a wrecked car.  :)

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
If you have a wife,......

Had 3!!!  Only have a girlfriend now which can be almost as bad, at times.   8)

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
If you have a wife,......

Had 3!!!  Only have a girlfriend now which can be almost as bad, at times.   8)

You've had 3 wives & still have money to invest? I tip my hat to you sir.............& to your lawyer, & possibly to your state of residence.  :)

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 10:57:30 AM »
Thank you, Dan.  7 digit settlement packages can be gut-wrenching.  However, state of residence (1 in CA,  2 in Fl) wasn't helpful to me;  pre-marital agreements are.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 12:29:05 PM »
When a loan gets pulled for any reason and the money magically reappears in your account I'd love to know which one ones got pulled.  I like to look to see if there are trends to the ones that get pulled. 

I know you can go to Order History and see which ones have expired, but once you have 40+ notes a week in funding it becomes difficult to figure out what was the last one to go.

I click on the link now provided in the email that says "xx Notes Not Issued" and go from there to the original application to look for trends.  However, with no "removed" explanation provided I'm only observing possibly irrelevant factors.  Also, as noted above, there's no way to know when notes were removed.

Choosing only one helpful new feature is hard.  Right now, I'm torn between wanting to see each loan ID number on the View Order page without clicking on the loan and anything such as pre-vetting by LC that would raise the percentage of issued loans/not issued. 

What I need are time and energy saving enhancements--more reward for my considerable effort!

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »

You can accumulate the browsenotes files daily, and -- after a few weeks -- compare with the loanstats file.  Loans that exist in your browsenotes table but not in loanstats are essentially the ones that got pulled.  Exclude loans that are still in-funding or in-review.

You can then go back to your browsenotes data to see if there are trends.  Please share your findings. ;)