Author Topic: My Visit to Lending Club  (Read 16038 times)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: My Visit to Lending Club
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
You know I believe Peter doesn't normally allow this, but you should seriously consider asking for a special dispensation to change your screen name from Core to Fox Mulder. It truly suits you.

I would be happy to change core's screen name to Fox Mulder while at the same time changing DanB's screen name to Dana Scully  :). You guys do make quite a pair...
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »
I would be happy to change core's screen name to Fox Mulder while at the same time changing DanB's screen name to Dana Scully  :). You guys do make quite a pair...

HAHA! Probably more like Byers and Frohike!

(Who gets to be Langly?)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 02:06:04 PM by yojoakak »

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 03:05:42 PM »
Core...........Did you not read Peter's post? It's been verified that I don't maintain an office.

I'm not suggesting that you maintain an office there.  If you had an office in the Redwood building and went to Stevenson for the occasional meeting and ran into her, it would still be proper to say that it was at "the office" even though it wasn't your building.

Unlike you, I have an acct rep which I've only spoken to once briefly. She asked me something, but it was a World Cup Qualifying day & I wasn't really listening to her. Something about one of my proposals for some nonsense or something trivial I'm sure.

No wonder you've only spoken to her once!  After that proposal of yours, she probably disinfected the phone.

Also, did you not read Rawraw's post?

The one where he died laughing at how ridiculously hilarious it was seeing that tagline attached to your name?  Yup, I read it.  Check.  I thought his post was rather funny too.  Relevance?

I have already addressed the fake LinkedIn accounts, if that's what you were getting at.  You just said you've never had dealings with Stephanie.  It is unlike you to make a seemingly factual statement ("There is a Stephanie at LC") based on unverified claims from untrusted people on an anonymous message board.  I suppose this was an honest mistake on your part.  You're slipping, Dan.

As for the rest of you guys, y'all watch far too much TV.  Watching all that filth will put all kinds of conspiratorial garbage in your mind.  Not that the dual screen name change suggestion wasn't a humorous one -- it would be an ironic twist of fate if Dan got to be the attractive woman.

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2013, 04:11:33 PM »
Core...........Did you not read Peter's post? It's been verified that I don't maintain an office.

I'm not suggesting that you maintain an office there.  If you had an office in the Redwood building and went to Stevenson for the occasional meeting and ran into her, it would still be proper to say that it was at "the office" even though it wasn't your building.

Unlike you, I have an acct rep which I've only spoken to once briefly. She asked me something, but it was a World Cup Qualifying day & I wasn't really listening to her. Something about one of my proposals for some nonsense or something trivial I'm sure.

No wonder you've only spoken to her once!  After that proposal of yours, she probably disinfected the phone.

Also, did you not read Rawraw's post?

The one where he died laughing at how ridiculously hilarious it was seeing that tagline attached to your name?  Yup, I read it.  Check.  I thought his post was rather funny too.  Relevance?

I have already addressed the fake LinkedIn accounts, if that's what you were getting at.  You just said you've never had dealings with Stephanie.  It is unlike you to make a seemingly factual statement ("There is a Stephanie at LC") based on unverified claims from untrusted people on an anonymous message board.  I suppose this was an honest mistake on your part.  You're slipping, Dan.

As for the rest of you guys, y'all watch far too much TV.  Watching all that filth will put all kinds of conspiratorial garbage in your mind.  Not that the dual screen name change suggestion wasn't a humorous one -- it would be an ironic twist of fate if Dan got to be the attractive woman.

Please! Like professional ball players, (but on a smaller scale) I haven't had to make any proposals, indecent or otherwise, or even say anything really, for the better part of 2 decades now. Pro athletes have celebrity status, fans & groupies & I've had the law of large numbers, contact phone numbers, the ability to provide immediate employment, PAs,  make up artists, bouncers at clubs etc etc all working for me & doing my bidding.  :) Like I said before, it may not be perfect, & I may not even be proud of it but we play the cards we are dealt.   

Unverified? I believe everything you guys say. I believe in the goodness of people. That's why I'm here to protect you from the truths you'd rather not know. Accept this selfless gift & move on. I believe in the existence of "Stephanie". I believe in the existence of extraterrestrials living among us.  :)

BTW, didn't Mulder eventually go a little nuts, drop out & move to some out of the way rural area?   :)

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »
You know I believe Peter doesn't normally allow this, but you should seriously consider asking for a special dispensation to change your screen name from Core to Fox Mulder. It truly suits you.

After careful consideration, I agree to change my screen name to D. Scully if the following 2 conditions are met.

1. Core changes his screen name to Fox Mulder.
2. Peter Renton changes his screen name to any one of the following: p2p Vassal, p2p BFF, Industry Mouthpiece, Yes-Man.  :)

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
+1 sounds like a plan!  ;D
Guess I'd have to change mine to malloc() too
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 02:38:49 PM by Rob L »

Xin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Who is Stefanie?

For someone that doesn't hang around here often, this sure is confusing- is this entire thread an inside joke?

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2013, 11:03:35 PM »
Who is Stefanie?

For someone that doesn't hang around here often, this sure is confusing- is this entire thread an inside joke?

Xin.............This whole thread can be interpreted &/or enjoyed on several levels, so the answer to your question is yes & no.

Superman has Lex Luthor, Batman has Joker, Godzilla has Mothra & Core has Stephanie from LC.  As far as I'd care to understand Core, Stephanie is apparently no real person, but rather the personification of a corporate entity or corporate attitude within LC whose main purpose is to make his life & the life of trouble makers & white collar criminals, a living hell. Her powers & reach are reputed to be immeasurable & her wrath can be of biblical proportions! 

I do not share Core's position. My take on all this is that Stephanie is a mere person who is nothing more than what the Soviets used to refer to as an "apparatchik" ............that Core has conveniently built up this Stephanie character to fill the role of his arch nemesis in order to raise his own public profile. She has no super powers & is not out to get anyone imo. 

All this does suggest a rather compelling psychological profile for Core of course, though it is an understandable manifestation given that otherwise he'd really be off the grid.................& not just geographically.  :)  Of course, there is always a chance that some of my analysis is incorrect, because as has been verified already, I do not maintain an office at LC. So......................

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:05:24 PM by DanB »

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2013, 12:30:51 AM »
Who is Stefanie?

Think of Stefanie as a shy, non-confrontational Kate Upton with glasses who controls IP's and dispatches her underlings, maybe DanB, to lock them out from time to time for actions unbecoming of an LC Investor.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2013, 12:35:18 AM »
rlv99............Underling? Please! One more time, in case you missed it.  I only work under conditions of complete autonomy. Complete Autonomy!

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2013, 01:03:30 AM »
Think of Stefanie as a shy, non-confrontational Kate Upton with glasses

Having never heard of Kate Upton, I was just now "forced" to look through the entire Sports Illustrated 2013 swimsuit shoot of her to get a good look.  A real good look.  At least thank you for that. 

They obviously trotted out an imposter Stephanie during your visit.  Kate Upton my foot.  I have no doubt that the real Stephanie looks more like Janet Reno.  *shudder*  I'm going to have nightmares now.

rajuabju

• The One & Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »
this was a really fun early morning read.

continue.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2013, 11:42:53 AM »
Think of Stefanie as a shy, non-confrontational Kate Upton with glasses

Having never heard of Kate Upton, I was just now "forced" to look through the entire Sports Illustrated 2013 swimsuit shoot of her to get a good look.  A real good look.  At least thank you for that. 

They obviously trotted out an imposter Stephanie during your visit.  Kate Upton my foot.  I have no doubt that the real Stephanie looks more like Janet Reno.  *shudder*  I'm going to have nightmares now.

Perhaps you're the one that should sign up for some "sensitivity" training.  And this is the guy who says he's an ordained minister. Beg for forgiveness now or risk having "her" wrath descend upon you...........again!  :)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
Perhaps you're the one that should sign up for some "sensitivity" training.  And this is the guy who says he's an ordained minister. Beg for forgiveness now or risk having "her" wrath descend upon you...........again!  :)

I am already prepared for the Second Coming of Stephanie, thanks to an account not directly associated with me as an individual.  But She will continue to inflict suffering on others and collect the tormented souls of the damned until she takes her rightful place at the right hand of Satan.

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2013, 01:52:48 PM »
And this is the guy who says he's an ordained minister

Core's an ordained minister??  Wow.  Missed that one!  Should spend more time on this site than at LC.   :)

I thought he painted barns, tipped cows, and watched for the russians!; a modern-day Paul Revere.

Actually, I have it on good authority that core is doing his patriotic duty by helping our beleaguered President with his problems with the ACA website.   ;)