Author Topic: Feature request: Ignore User  (Read 24425 times)

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: Ignore User
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 03:23:21 AM »
Core..........I will (uncharacteristically ) hold my tongue, as I don't wish to step over Renton's "civil discourse" & "family blog" guidelines. Suffice it to say that if that is how you feel & not just a version of beggars can't be choosers, then you & I will never ever be fighting over the same female.  :)

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
The meetup isn't about LC. It just happens to be at LC. I assumed you'd want to meet your fellow p2p enthusiasts. I guess I was mistaken.

Actually, that would be very nice, if enough of the members of this Forum were gong to be there.  However, I haven't seen any indication that members are going to attend.  Also, I missed Stephanie when I was at LC last month.  If you are going Dan, please report back on what you find.

50?? Good God! Please, forget what I said. No offense but isn't there an upper limit to the term girlfriend?? 

Not when you are 78, as I am!  You may get there, Dan, if your past sins don't put you underground earlier.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
The meetup isn't about LC. It just happens to be at LC. I assumed you'd want to meet your fellow p2p enthusiasts. I guess I was mistaken.

Actually, that would be very nice, if enough of the members of this Forum were gong to be there.  However, I haven't seen any indication that members are going to attend.  Also, I missed Stephanie when I was at LC last month.  If you are going Dan, please report back on what you find.

50?? Good God! Please, forget what I said. No offense but isn't there an upper limit to the term girlfriend?? 

Not when you are 78, as I am!  You may get there, Dan, if your past sins don't put you underground earlier.

Yeah, I've been encouraging some of the East Coast & flyover state members to attend, but with no success.  So it looks like it's going to be mostly a Bay Area affair in terms of forum members. I'll likely show up & if I do I'll write something about it here on the blog. 

Hey, Hefner was 85 or 86 last year & he married a 27 year old.  I'm sorry, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.  :)
Though I'm hardly religious, I try to balance my "sins" with good deeds. I'm pretty comfortable with the way my ledger looks so far, but thanks for the concern/warning. 

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
So it looks like it's going to be mostly a Bay Area affair in terms of forum members. I'll likely show up & if I do I'll write something about it here on the blog. 

No stories yet... Did you (or anyone else here) attend?  How was it? 

Actually, we haven't heard a peep from you since the day of the event, Dan.  Did they toss your body in the Bay or something?  Yeah I kinda had the feeling it was all an elaborate trap.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 09:05:34 PM »
So it looks like it's going to be mostly a Bay Area affair in terms of forum members. I'll likely show up & if I do I'll write something about it here on the blog. 

No stories yet... Did you (or anyone else here) attend?  How was it? 

Actually, we haven't heard a peep from you since the day of the event, Dan.  Did they toss your body in the Bay or something?  Yeah I kinda had the feeling it was all an elaborate trap.

No, I didn't make it. Suddenly remembered I had to wash my remaining hair that night. Priorities you know.  :)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »
No, I didn't make it. Suddenly remembered I had to wash my remaining hair that night. Priorities you know.  :)

"Remaining" hair?  Back when I dug up those DB Cooper mugs you told us you didn't have a receding hairline...?  Well don't feel bad Dan.  I don't have much hair left either.   With all the brains taking up the space there isn't much room for healthy hair follicles, that's what I say.

Too bad you didn't make it though.  I was rather looking forward to a story about how you and Stephanie hit it off.  And it just now occurred to me that Tues (the day of this event) was the evening that most of the Folio trades didn't settle like they were supposed to.  The LC employees who are responsible for watching over this stuff must have been boozing it up on the 11th floor instead.  I suppose I can accept those priorities, special occasion and all.  So I take back what I said about them.  This time.

DanB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2013, 10:25:41 PM »

"Remaining" hair?  Back when I dug up those DB Cooper mugs you told us you didn't have a receding hairline...?  Well don't feel bad Dan.  I don't have much hair left either.   With all the brains taking up the space there isn't much room for healthy hair follicles, that's what I say.

Too bad you didn't make it though.  I was rather looking forward to a story about how you and Stephanie hit it off.  And it just now occurred to me that Tues (the day of this event) was the evening that most of the Folio trades didn't settle like they were supposed to.  The LC employees who are responsible for watching over this stuff must have been boozing it up on the 11th floor instead.  I suppose I can accept those priorities, special occasion and all.  So I take back what I said about them.  This time.

Nope, no receding hairline whatsoever...............just the standard bald spot. BTW, Renton said that a number of people who read the blog did attend............but these people do not apparently comment/contribute here on the forum or on the main blog. He didn't say why.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:28:17 PM by DanB »

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »
".....but these people do not apparently comment/contribute here on the forum or on the main blog. He didn't say why."

It's a mystery.  I know it can't be because of any of us.
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
So "a number of people" attended, but these people never talk and only Renton knows about them?  The LA blog shadow people.  You're right NJG, mystery indeed.