Author Topic: Is LC Going to Expand API Functionality?  (Read 2466 times)

avid investor

• View Profile
Is LC Going to Expand API Functionality?
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:56:30 AM »
As usual, my account rep at LC was useless when it came to answering any questions or taking any feedback.  (I stopped giving any feedback about the UI or policies and procedures over a year ago.)  I wonder if any of my colleagues have gotten any info on expanding the API features.  I use it exclusively for investing now, but of course can't get even the most basic info about any of my accounts (such as how much cash do I have).  I have to just keep funding each until I get the out of cash response.  I'd like to get more info out of the API, if that functionality will increase. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:42:57 AM by avid investor »

mo

• View Profile
Re: Is LC Going to Expand API Functionality?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »
The technology side of LendingClubs business has always seemed to me to be a bit of a disaster.  They appear to use technologies favored by large entrenched conglomerates instead of those common to nimble innovative start-ups.  In other words I'm not holding my breath.

avid investor

• View Profile
Re: Is LC Going to Expand API Functionality?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »
I hear you.  Still, I'd like to be able to get my loan data through the web service (vice the .csv download).  I could store the info on the notes as I go through the API funding process, but the old ones would have to be loaded into my DB through the download route, and of course, the schema has changed since then.