Author Topic: How to get API access  (Read 13382 times)

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
Re: How to get API access
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 03:24:10 AM »
Not sure, but your trading strategy seems to be based on a collection of bugs and exceptions. How much can that scale? You say more than $50k in float isn't needed to do your strategy, is operating capital maxed out to its productive potential? How much can a person actually make even doing your strategy full time (assuming they are a resourceful programmer, can do the scraping etc things you refer to).

Based on my experience, if you're smart, disciplined, and put in the time, trading can to provide you with returns ranging from 50% to over 150% annually. But it's not easy and there's a lot of manual "grind" work that goes into it. There are a lot of aspects I would never feel comfortable automating. Then again, there are other parts that make me wish I had a Computer Science degree.

Don't expect to make $100k/year though. The market is way too small and competitive for that.

I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess as to how much a person could make with their own special strategy.  I can say I make the equivalent of a full time job... not a very good full time job mind you, but a full time one.

Just curious, are you trading for a living, or do you have a "day job" to pay the bills?

I spend several hours a day trading and I've got a 6 page document full of ideas that I want to try whenever I can find time.  The sky's the limit.  I'm sure there are people here with good ideas making a killing.

I'll give you $20 for a copy of that list. I might even throw in an authentic deep dish pizza (you know, the ones that are 3-4 inches thick) from a local joint here in Chicago. ;)
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 03:56:29 AM »
Just curious, are you trading for a living, or do you have a "day job" to pay the bills?

No day job, haven't worked a real job in 13 years.  Normally I have several errr "projects" going on at once.  But currently this is all I'm doing.  My last scheme came to an abrupt end just as I was getting interested in LC and this has kind of occupied much of my time since then.  Quite unintentionally.  It gets addicting.  I could be making 10x more doing something else, but markets of any type have that certain attraction...

I'll give you $20 for a copy of that list. I might even throw in an authentic deep dish pizza (you know, the ones that are 3-4 inches thick) from a local joint here in Chicago. ;)

Sorry Bohb pizza doesn't get anywhere with me.  3-4 womens might, especially if they are of the unclothed variety.  But I am afraid the list is far too valuable to let it slip into the wrong hands.  It's not that I'm selfish, quite the contrary, I am looking out for someone else's best interests:  If LC management got hold of it I think the development team would suddenly have a very long urgent to-do list.  Those poor programmers are busy enough with all the recent site changes so let's just give them a nice break.

DanB

• A lie told often enough becomes The Truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 04:28:59 AM »

No day job, haven't worked a real job in 13 years.  Normally I have several errr "projects" going on at once.  But currently this is all I'm doing.  My last scheme came to an abrupt end just as I was getting interested in LC and this has kind of occupied much of my time since then.  Quite unintentionally.  It gets addicting.  I could be making 10x more doing something else, but markets of any type have that certain attraction...

Sorry Bohb pizza doesn't get anywhere with me.  3-4 womens might, especially if they are of the unclothed variety. But I am afraid the list is far too valuable to let it slip into the wrong hands.  It's not that I'm selfish, quite the contrary, I am looking out for someone else's best interests:  If LC management got hold of it I think the development team would suddenly have a very long urgent to-do list.  Those poor programmers are busy enough with all the recent site changes so let's just give them a nice break.

Come on. Given your location I suspect authentic deep dish pizza would command a premium.  :) As for the females, play your cards right & I'll let you pay me a fee in order to be my official recruiter in your state................in 2015 when I re-launch my production company.