Author Topic: Zombie Borrower  (Read 3349 times)

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
Zombie Borrower
« on: November 27, 2013, 02:02:09 AM »
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

Joleran

• View Profile
Re: Zombie Borrower
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Poor guy didn't even make it to 50 before kicking the bucket.

GS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »
How do you know his age?

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Zombie Borrower
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:36:44 PM »
How do you know his age?

Based on his oldest trade line - although you can't necessarily assume his first trade line was opened at age 18.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 08:28:40 PM »
I think what happened here is the guy was taking out a loan to pay off 'Vinnie', a member of the infamous Maryland mob.  The borrower bought into the marketing hype and told Vinnie he'd have the money in 3 business days.  Well, about a month into the process of 15 minute phone interviews and needlessly separate requests for different documentation, Vinnie got tired of waiting and put the hit out on our guy.

Regarding the oldest trade line, I wouldn't use that as a good determination of borrower's age.  I did open my first one when I was 18 but that line is long gone and last time I looked, my report made me look like quite the youngster.  Also I'm not sure you would we able to see trade lines from back before CRA regulation, when they were more gossip columns than credit reports.

Lloigor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:27 PM »
My borrower died twice, how's that for a zombie?  Also potentially even younger.

https://www.lendingclub.com/foliofn/loanPerf.action?loan_id=4305364&order_id=6453345&note_id=21882199