Author Topic: Loans with origination date in December???  (Read 3273 times)

Kombinator

• View Profile
Loans with origination date in December???
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »
Had a loan added into my portfolio today showing origination date as December 2. 2013.

This is quite a glitch, and can skew the vintage results, anyone else see anything similar?

Here is the note ListingNumber: 1044480

agd

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Loans with origination date in December???
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 12:18:03 PM »
Yes, I'm seeing 41 originations in December.  This is like any other month that ends on a weekend, when they will set originations for the following Monday.  I really don't understand your concern around skewing the vintage results, can you explain?

Kombinator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
If we try to do analysis of November 2013 loans down the road as to their behavior and also DEc 2013 loans there will be a misrepresentation in the data leading to results that will be slightly or possibly significantly off making the vintage analysis inaccurate.

Thank you for your explanation though, it does make sense.

agd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 03:55:20 PM »
Vintage analysis should be relative to the origination date, correct?  How are these originations any different from any other loan originated in December?

Kombinator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 12:40:06 PM »
Because these loans are clearly November originations with wrong December post dating.

Keltset

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
Because these loans are clearly November originations with wrong December post dating.

Are they though? Just because everything is set to go with the loan doesn't mean that the loan is actually originated in November... There is still the process of finalizing the loan and paying out the funds isn't there?