Author Topic: Automate your Lending Club investment strategy with thinkfastsuit.com  (Read 7285 times)

thinkfastsuit

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi everybody, I just put up a website that leverages Lending Club's API interface to automate my investing and reduce / eliminate idle cash in my account. The site is public and live at http://www.thinkfastsuit.com, but it is in Beta. I'm looking for folks interested in testing out the site and providing feedback (or just use it with the disclaimer that it is still undergoing development).

This site is different from sites such as Nickel Steamroller, as I don't "manage" your portfolios, nor do I provide analytics or backtesting of investment strategies. What the site does do, is expose all of the loan and credit attributes that Lending Club exposes through their API, and allow you to build investment rules based on any / all of these attributes. Then, when Lending Club posts new loans (4 times a day), I evaluate your rules against the newly posted loans and execute your investment orders if there is a match. You specify how much you want to invest per rule, you can specify a portfolio to add the successful investment to, etc.

There is no cost to use this site - looking to get more users for more in depth testing; I've been using the site and logic for about 2 months with great success in keeping my money invested.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Automate your Lending Club investment strategy with thinkfastsuit.com
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:22:29 AM »
You say this uses LC's API.  Does that mean each user that wants to use it has to request API access from LendingClub on their own?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:53:20 AM »
Yep, looks like it.  ;)

http://www.thinkfastsuit.com/GettingStarted.aspx

Step 1: Contact Lending Club via e-mail (investing@lendingclub.com) with the following message:
Hello, I would like to have my Lending Club account enabled for API access. Please send me the user agreement for review and signature. Thanks.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:13:09 AM »
Thank you Fred.  Sometimes reading all that stuff is too complicated for me.

But in this case it wasn't my fault.  I can't load the site at all.

Code: [Select]
Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'pMgr_Web.Global'.

Source Error:
Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="pMgr_Web.Global" Language="C#" %>

Source File: /global.asax    Line: 1

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 02:33:37 AM »
Disregard the previous post.  The site's working again.  (Well sorta.. see below.)  I like the story on how the site name came to be -- that was going to be my first question and I was pleasantly surprised to find that explained on the About Us page.  Anyone who wears a T-shirt saying "Think fast hippie" is A-OK in my book.

I also like how the FAQ page is blank.  I always chuckle when I see a brand new site with loads of items in the FAQ.  How can a question be frequently asked when nobody's had a chance to ask it yet?  Not that I haven't been guilty of preloading questions... seems like a good place to put certain items.

The registration page is not accessible because it's protected by HTTP basic auth.  (I'm guessing you forgot to disable that.)  So I was not able to register and look things over.

thinkfastsuit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
You say this uses LC's API.  Does that mean each user that wants to use it has to request API access from LendingClub on their own?

Yep, exactly. Each member must request access to Lending Club's API before the functionality on my site will work for you. It's pretty easy, send them an e-mail and sign their user agreement is all.

thinkfastsuit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:09:59 PM »
Disregard the previous post.  The site's working again.  (Well sorta.. see below.)  I like the story on how the site name came to be -- that was going to be my first question and I was pleasantly surprised to find that explained on the About Us page.  Anyone who wears a T-shirt saying "Think fast hippie" is A-OK in my book.

I also like how the FAQ page is blank.  I always chuckle when I see a brand new site with loads of items in the FAQ.  How can a question be frequently asked when nobody's had a chance to ask it yet?  Not that I haven't been guilty of preloading questions... seems like a good place to put certain items.

The registration page is not accessible because it's protected by HTTP basic auth.  (I'm guessing you forgot to disable that.)  So I was not able to register and look things over.

Sorry about the issues last night; the web.config's weren't publishing correctly. Should be all set and up and running now with registration page available. Thanks.

-Mike

kitono

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 01:58:51 PM »
No disrespect intended, but how do I know I can trust you with my lending club account info?
It seems like you don't have much of a presence in this community (like me)

thinkfastsuit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »
Hi Kitono - no disrespect taken. If you take a look at our FAQ page http://thinkfastsuit.com/FAQ.aspx you will get an idea of the steps we take to protect your information, and also more detail about what information I actually need from you to do automated investing on your behalf. Lending Club has made changes in the past year that now require a special security token for the API - this token does not allow access to your account through the web site - only functions of the API (which would prevent me or anyone else from accessing your account in a manner that would reveal confidential information). Additionally, I worked with a well qualified law firm in San Francisco to draft the privacy policy and terms and conditions of use on the website. There is more information in these two documents (also linked on the site), describing what information I collect and how I use it. In addition to all of this, you can perform a public record search at the Idaho Secretary of State website to verify my company (8 Six 0 Holdings, Inc.) is a registered Idaho corporation in good standing.

Beyond all of this, I guess I wonder how you would qualify any other web site that you might use but are unfamiliar with? I'm happy to address any specific questions you might have. As for my light presence on this forum, you are correct; I am not a significant contributor here. My site is relatively new and I've focused on other channels of communication (Twitter, LinkedIn), and advertising rather than contributing here. As the site grows and some of these other channels become a little less time intensive, I will probably increase my contributions here.

Thanks.

-Mike

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57:28 PM »
You may have better success if you only used the API login information

thinkfastsuit

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
Thanks rawraw; we actually do only use the API credential. We will never ask you for your website username and password as some other sites do.

brec

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 04:40:55 PM »
Yep, looks like it.  ;)

http://www.thinkfastsuit.com/GettingStarted.aspx

Step 1: Contact Lending Club via e-mail (investing@lendingclub.com) with the following message:
Hello, I would like to have my Lending Club account enabled for API access. Please send me the user agreement for review and signature. Thanks.

As a newbie, yesterday I opened an investor account at LC just to look around. It is not yet funded. As I'm interested in the API, I made the necessary clicks to get API authorization all online on the LC site. No emails, no offline signature. I got an API key and tested that it works to obtain the current list of loans offered.

(I understand that this is a heads up for the OP, not for Fred.)

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 01:22:54 AM »
Why would someone use thinkfastsuite instead of LendingRobot?  https://lendingrobot.com/#/help
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y