Author Topic: Investing from an unauthorized state...  (Read 2538 times)

pokertito

• View Profile
Investing from an unauthorized state...
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »
Good Evening All,

I am very interested in investing but I currently reside in a state where p2p lending is not allowed. Do any of you have experience bypassing this restriction? Are all the required documents (tax documents, etc...) available for download rather than needing to be sent to a physical address? Is there any residency verification?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your responses,
Louis

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Re: Investing from an unauthorized state...
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »
Good Evening All,

I am very interested in investing but I currently reside in a state where p2p lending is not allowed. Do any of you have experience bypassing this restriction? Are all the required documents (tax documents, etc...) available for download rather than needing to be sent to a physical address? Is there any residency verification?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing your responses,
Louis

The official response is no. You cannot invest if you reside in a state where p2p lending is not allowed. Having said that I know that some investors break this rule. While I can't condone this behavior it does happen simply because there is no residency verification and all communication is done electronically - with the exception of an IRA where the custodian will send some physical mail.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns