Author Topic: Understanding Your Returns Page  (Read 15721 times)

storm

• View Profile
Re: Understanding Your Returns Page
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
Wow, well done Storm!  Do you use Folio or hold your notes to maturity?  If you use Folio, mind sharing your basic strategy?

Thanks!  That is mostly investing in new notes and holding good notes until maturity.  I was selling IGP notes on Folio, but with the recent changes, I'm rethinking that strategy.

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
Thanks!  That is mostly investing in new notes and holding good notes until maturity.  I was selling IGP notes on Folio, but with the recent changes, I'm rethinking that strategy.

There's the answer I was looking for. Thanks for confirming =).

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 02:57:12 PM »
Thanks for sharing!
I tried to post mine, but I couldn't figure out how.
Sorry.

You can use a free image hosting service, such as postimage.org, upload a screenshot from your computer, get the direct link to the picture, and then click the "insert image" icon in your forum post and insert the direct link between the two brackets.

Hope that helps!

Thank you--it would have helped if my operating system weren't too obsolete for the Adobe Flash upgrade required.

SeanMcD

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »
Users taking advantage of the pre-IGP Folio sales would have a large upwards force in their blue dot. Is that advantage gone these days?

I'll confirm the pre-IGP bump - I'm definitely going to miss that.  Account is about 2 years old, but semi-frequent trading has kept the average age fairly low.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
I've used Folio for selling only so far, mostly lates.
If neither of these attempts to post the image work I'll delete this post asap.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
Well, it's there, but those aren't the custom settings I was hoping to capture.

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 08:09:05 PM »
These are the custom settings with account info.  (I hope!)

skr5e

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 01:12:32 AM »
Great job, here's where I fall:

As far as NAR it's slightly above average for now, which is surprising considering my early mistakes.

EDIT: now I can see everyone else's images too.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:23:21 AM by skr5e »

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 02:45:53 AM »
I don't have a little blue dot either.  And unlike NJG, my NAR isn't negative.  The force must not be strong enough with me.

You can hit the URL directly and grab the data for offline crunching, like so:
https://www.lendingclub.com/account/benchmarkScatterChart.action?adjOnOff=ON&myWeightedAvgIntRate=0.150&similarPercent=1&minNotes=100&portfolioConcentration=2.5

One of the fields appears to show how many notes everybody's got, which I find particularly interesting.
Where do you get the different fields? It looks that the URL only shows the graph data points, e.g. first data point = [22.538668427731,0.056428] (age=22.5 & NAR=5.6)

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 02:50:09 AM »
Users taking advantage of the pre-IGP Folio sales would have a large upwards force in their blue dot. Is that advantage gone these days?

I'll confirm the pre-IGP bump - I'm definitely going to miss that.  Account is about 2 years old, but semi-frequent trading has kept the average age fairly low.
What is the pre-IGP bump? Is that selling notes just before going into grace (e.g. as shown by a missed payment)?
What was your markup/discount on such notes?
Why doesn't that work anymore?

p.s. I have never traded on Folio.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 03:46:07 AM by viking »

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 03:04:58 AM »
I don't have a little blue dot either.  And unlike NJG, my NAR isn't negative.  The force must not be strong enough with me.

https://www.lendingclub.com/account/benchmarkScatterChart.action?adjOnOff=ON&myWeightedAvgIntRate=0.150&similarPercent=1&minNotes=100&portfolioConcentration=2.5

One of the fields appears to show how many notes everybody's got, which I find particularly interesting.
Where do you get the different fields? It looks that the URL only shows the graph data points, e.g. first data point = [22.538668427731,0.056428] (age=22.5 & NAR=5.6)

You can specify filtering criteria in the URL, as highlighted in bold above.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 06:01:07 AM »

I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.  They appear to have changed the data.  There used to be 3 different arrays in the data.  The first one (which is now gone) had at least 6-7 different values for each point and one of them was the exact note count for that investor.   The "bmDataArraySimilar" and "bmDataArrayAll" arrays are the only ones that are left, and they are both just boring data points.  I suppose you could still brute force the counts for everyone if you really wanted to.   

Unfortunately I don't think I saved a copy of the previous data.  Maybe I can dig it out of my browser cache.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 06:12:40 AM by core »

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 09:29:54 AM »
Very vigilant users were able to detect notes that were just about to go into grace and then sell them onto an unsuspecting buyer, preserving their ROI. It wasn't quite to the level of information asymmetry but definitely an advantage which has been quashed. Many of the blue dots many standard deviations above the norm used this and are unsustainable and incomparable to strategies which let the loan die in the portfolio.

What is the pre-IGP bump? Is that selling notes just before going into grace (e.g. as shown by a missed payment)?
What was your markup/discount on such notes?
Why doesn't that work anymore?

p.s. I have never traded on Folio.

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2013, 04:23:36 PM »
Can anyone tell if adjusting the returns for past due notes hits all dots with your adjustment levels or just uses LC's defaults? 

I'm not going to post the graph but in my cash acct I look just like Bryce only stupider (same WA Interest Rate and slightly younger portfolio, slightly lower return). I don't trade folio though.

Maybe in real life I look just like Bryce only stupider.

dontjudgeabookbyitsNAR
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:43 AM »
Has anyone noticed more people with negative NARs are now on the graph?  Perhaps it was a conspiracy to hide negative returns. Alert Core