Author Topic: New platform features  (Read 4614 times)

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: New platform features
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 08:34:02 PM »
Does anyone know if the email preferences apply to Folio as well?  I'm guessing not, just because of how it's worded.  Hopefully that is coming soon.  I like knowing what time of day settlements are starting, but not badly enough to manually delete 400 emails a day.  It would be nice if they had a single email like Prosper sends out... "Purchases settled on trading platform" and then that one email contains a list of what settled.

As for the other change... ok so now asking price and markup are displayed on the Folio loan performance page.  I honestly do not see the point.  There's no 'Buy' button on that page, so the only way to buy a note is by using the checkboxes in the list, and that list already contains all the info right there.  Just another duplicate piece of information to get out of synch like what already happens with the rest.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
Does anyone know if the email preferences apply to Folio as well?  I'm guessing not, just because of how it's worded.  Hopefully that is coming soon.  I like knowing what time of day settlements are starting, but not badly enough to manually delete 400 emails a day.  It would be nice if they had a single email like Prosper sends out... "Purchases settled on trading platform" and then that one email contains a list of what settled.

As for the other change... ok so now asking price and markup are displayed on the Folio loan performance page.  I honestly do not see the point.  There's no 'Buy' button on that page, so the only way to buy a note is by using the checkboxes in the list, and that list already contains all the info right there.  Just another duplicate piece of information to get out of synch like what already happens with the rest.

Who is your email hosting provider? At least with gmail you can filter out and automatically archive/delete these emails from LC - works like a charm!

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
Who is your email hosting provider? At least with gmail you can filter out and automatically archive/delete these emails from LC - works like a charm!

Yeah I have a filter set up to automatically send all those to the trash so I never see them.  But then I don't know when the settlements are starting for the evening and I have to remember to check a few times an hour.   I don't think there's a way to set up a filter to have it send the first one to the inbox and delete the rest in an 8 hour period or something like that.

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 10:05:31 PM »
"I honestly do not see the point.  There's no 'Buy' button on that page, so the only way to buy a note is by using the checkboxes in the list, and that list already contains all the info right there."

Since I use Interest Radar, this information does not show up when looking at a note.  So I finally just got around to checking it out on the Folio Platform.

My first impression was exactly like Core stated.  It's just a repeat of what already shows up on the list.  So, what is the idea behind this? 
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »
One thing it may allow you to do (I haven't yet checked) is pull up the last asking price on old notes, provided you know the correct order id.  It will be interesting to see which price shows up when you have two order ids written down for the same note.  Do you get to see the older sale price, or is the most recent price for that note always shown?  Maybe nothing shows up there at all if it's no longer listed.  I'll do some checking later on this evening.

I'm thinking this change is just part of a larger plan.  Perhaps they are eventually going to add a purchase button to that screen.

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 04:34:41 AM »
"I honestly do not see the point.  There's no 'Buy' button on that page, so the only way to buy a note is by using the checkboxes in the list, and that list already contains all the info right there."

Since I use Interest Radar, this information does not show up when looking at a note.  So I finally just got around to checking it out on the Folio Platform.

My first impression was exactly like Core stated.  It's just a repeat of what already shows up on the list.  So, what is the idea behind this?

Well, it does save me the few seconds it would otherwise take to tab back to the list to double-check the discount for a particular note...
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 04:47:00 AM »
Well, it does save me the few seconds it would otherwise take to tab back to the list to double-check the discount for a particular note...

How are you going to buy it without tabbing back to the list?  You have to go back there anyway to click the checkbox.  That seems like an ideal time to double check the discount, if needed.

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 05:22:29 AM »

How are you going to buy it without tabbing back to the list?  You have to go back there anyway to click the checkbox.  That seems like an ideal time to double check the discount, if needed.

The methods I use to quickly scan the market will benefit from this. If I'm a bit iffy on a note, I'll go back and double-check if it's at the high or low end of my filters. This saves me the few seconds it takes to find the note among the 1,000.
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

yojoakak

• View Profile
    • Check out my Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script for LendingClub here
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2013, 06:19:54 PM »

My script adds a checkbox to the Loan Performance page. But be warned: Foliofn doesn't clear your cart after you buy the loans, it clears your cart when you navigate back to the Browse Notes page.