Author Topic: Missmatch Between Loan Listing on LCs website vs. browseNotes.csv and IR  (Read 2561 times)

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
I noticed that the loan information on LCs website was different from the information in the downloaded browseNotes.csv file at 10 AM today (12/30/13). Furthermore, the info on IRs website reflected the info in browseNotes.csv (and not LCs website).

For example,
Loan ID = 10148897:
LCs Website: Public Records on File = 1 & Months Since Last Record =114
browseNotes.csv: pub_rec=0 & mths_since_last_record = "blank"  (but mths_since_recent_bc = 1)
IRs Website:  Derogatory Public Records=0 &  Bankruptcies=0

Loan ID =  10089001:
LCs Website: Major Derogatories = 1 & Months Since Last Major Derogatory=n/a  (which makes no sense by itself)
browseNotes.csv: mths_since_last_major_derog=null (not sure which filed shows "Major Derogatories"?)
IRs Website: Last 90 Days Late=none
(note that Major Derogatory is 90 days or more late)

TonySaunders

• View Profile
Re: Missmatch Between Loan Listing on LCs website vs. browseNotes.csv and IR
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:33:05 PM »
I've also recently noticed that the calculation for Major Derogatories is weird. The number that LC displays doesn't seem to match any other data. I wonder if there's a programming bug in the calculation or if they are using additional information that we don't have access to.

EDIT: One thing is for sure, it's not as simple as being a single field in the browsenotes.csv file. There's more going on there.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 05:39:08 PM »
So the question is then; What information is correct? e.g. that Loan ID 10148897 has one record, per LC website, or has No record per browseNotes.csv and IR?

TonySaunders

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 05:49:49 PM »
mnths_since_last_major_derog is defined in LCDataDictionary.xlsx as "Months since most recent 90-day or worse rating".

I suppose that implies that a "major derogatory" is "90-day or worse rating". But when I look at these (because the seem related):

num_tl_120dpd_2m  ==    "Number of accounts currently 120 days past due (updated in past 2 months)"
num_tl_90g_dpd_24m == "Number of accounts 90 or more days past due in last 24 months"
num_accts_ever_120_pd  == "Number of accounts ever 120 or more days past due"

I can't get the numbers to add up no matter how I look at it. I'm seriously working on the assumption that LC is doing it wrong, since the data seems so inconsistent sometimes, like 0 MDs with 20 months since the last MD. Maybe someone else knows the formula, it has been a while since I tried to work it out.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
Someone should email LC.