Author Topic: Reader Stories: Share your p2p lending story & get coffee  (Read 3283 times)

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
Reader Stories: Share your p2p lending story & get coffee
« on: January 04, 2014, 12:29:06 PM »
Hi LendAcademy folks,

My site is trying to feature the stories of lenders across the country, and I would love to feature a few of the esteemed people from this forum. Includes a free bag of Stumptown coffee.

Link: http://www.lendingmemo.com/introducing-reader-stories/

Cheers,
Simon
Writes at the peer to peer lending site LendingMemo.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
Re: Reader Stories: Share your p2p lending story & get coffee
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
Reader Stories, launching today, will be permanent fixture of LendingMemo going forward. We hope to highlight the experiences of individual peer to peer lenders, turbocharging this asset class with emotion and trust.

I guess that disqualifies me.  Shucks, I was looking forward to some free coffee. :(  Nice idea for the blog though -- an endless supply of free content for those days when not too much is going on, or when the author wants to take a few days off.

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 05:53:56 PM »
Wow, not one person on this forum has the balls to step up?

Allow me to widen the offer: if your story gets posted I will personally send $20 of anything at all (must to be legal in at least two states). Coffee, chocolate, licorice root tea, etc.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
This may be complete speculation on my part, but I think you might get a lot more participation if you dropped the requirement for a photo and account screenshot.  If you post your photo, town, and occupation you might as well post your real name and address because it would be easy to get after that, especially with the photo recognition gadgetry they have online these days.  Some folks may not be willing to share that much on a random blog.

As for the screenshot, the information on that page isn't relevant in the least, totally inaccurate, if you bought/sold any notes on Folio.  There are the obvious privacy concerns with this too.

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:08:06 PM »
My name is DontVote and I'm a lender here on LC. I've learned to be prejudiced against green energy and people who borrow money to get married and my first thought is that you are a lazy deadbeat if you don't repay my loan even if you needed the money for your daughter's leukemia. I am suspicious of teachers from Texas and cops from Florida. I love helping people but only for 14.35% (or more).
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms

Simon

• View Profile
    • LendingMemo
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 09:27:11 PM »
My name is DontVote and I'm a lender here on LC. I've learned to be prejudiced against green energy and people who borrow money to get married and my first thought is that you are a lazy deadbeat if you don't repay my loan even if you needed the money for your daughter's leukemia. I am suspicious of teachers from Texas and cops from Florida. I love helping people but only for 14.35% (or more).

lol