Author Topic: P2P Picks Billing  (Read 6026 times)

rawraw

• View Profile
P2P Picks Billing
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:59:03 PM »
I got my failed payment email today and started thinking.  . . Do you think its a smart idea to bill monthly?  Credit card payment have transaction fees, so wouldn't it make more sense to do monthly OR until a certain limit has been hit (like $20?).

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
Re: P2P Picks Billing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 01:11:08 PM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you want to fix your account, just reread the instructions on www.p2p-picks.com/subscribe. Use the fake good credit card number. There are no fees because we're not live on billing now (or possibly ever).

The more people ask questions, the more think it's a good idea to shutter the whole retail operation and focus on institutions. 90% of my time is spent servicing people who generate 0% of the revenue.

dontvote

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 04:58:14 PM »
Welcome to being in business.
dontvote

Interest Radar IRR: 46.11%
NSR ROI: 41.22%
Average Loan Age: Your Moms

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 05:15:40 PM »
I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you want to fix your account, just reread the instructions on www.p2p-picks.com/subscribe. Use the fake good credit card number. There are no fees because we're not live on billing now (or possibly ever).

The more people ask questions, the more think it's a good idea to shutter the whole retail operation and focus on institutions. 90% of my time is spent servicing people who generate 0% of the revenue.
I think you were too quick to get to defensive to actually read my post. (Shout out to NJ)

Let me restate:

Are you sure you want the billing system to bill based on month only?  Assume that a person rarely uses P2P picks for whatever reason and his monthly cost is $5.  This means you could be charging $5 charges every month.  I'm sure I don't have to explain how credit card payments work to explain how 4x$5 does not equal 1x$20. 

Thanks for the great customer service reply to a suggestion to make you more money. I'm sorry for posting in this section -- I'll leave with my (re)tail between my legs :)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:17:55 PM by rawraw »

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:15 PM »
Go away! I'm not paying any CC servicing fees yet anyway! Bah humbug!

New Jersey Guy

• Hell Yea it's a Hemi!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 12:26:36 AM »
Man Bryce!  Who pissed in your pool!  Rawraw was just offering up a way for you to save some money (if the time ever comes).

I thought it made a lot of sense, and I can't even use your platform!
Return over deposits:   66.82%
IRR:   86.54%
As of April 30, 2014

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:36 AM »
I agree with rawraw.  You can save a lot in merchant fees by charging 1x$0 rather than 4x$0.  It doesn't seem like much, but those 0's really add up over time.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 02:58:35 AM »

I feel your pain, Bryce.  ;)

I decided earlier to sell neither my automatic system nor my risk models to the public, precisely because of the "customer support" it would impose on my time.

edward

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Bryce,
I really enjoyed your podcast with Peter, and I like your statistical analysis of the best notes to buy, i.e. Profix Maximizer. I currently use Interest Radar, but it seems to have become less supported over time, and was thinking about moving to your system integrated with BlueVestment to execute the buy orders. However, I'm concerned that, based your recent comments, that you might decide in the near future to discontinue retail support. Not to be another "customer support problem", but I'd appreciate your thoughts on your future plans related to the retail side. Thank you.

brycemason

• View Profile
    • P2P-Picks.com
    • Email
P2P Picks Billing
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 10:28:37 AM »
Hey Edward. I don't think I'll be shutting down the retail operation anytime soon. I was just frustrated. It's great to provide people a free way to put capital to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

edward

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »
Thank you, Bryce.