Author Topic: Welcome everyone to the Social Lending Network Forum  (Read 31987 times)

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
Welcome everyone to the Social Lending Network Forum
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:57:13 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Renton and I am the publisher of the Social Lending Network and the creator of this forum. I firmly believe that one of the best ways we can learn is to share idea. I know I have learned a great deal from everyone who has commented on the blog and I expect I will continue to learn from discussions here.

I created this forum because many readers have asked for a central place where they can come and discuss p2p lending. I hope this will be that place. Thanks, as always, for your contributions.

Peter
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

ChrisProsper

Re: Welcome everyone to the Social Lending Network Forum
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:23:27 PM »
Peter - Thanks for starting this Forum. Look forward to an open, constructive dialog.
Chris Larsen
CEO, Prosper

CA-Lender

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:29:59 AM »
Peter - Thanks for starting this Forum. Look forward to an open, constructive dialog.
Chris Larsen
CEO, Prosper

:)

veggivet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
Thanks, Peter, for all of your hard work in this area, and thanks for starting what I hope will be an active P2P forum.

gharkness

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »
Thanks for starting this forum, and I'm really looking forward to the discussions here!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:24:38 PM »
Thanks everybody. I appreciate your introductions and words of encouragement. I look forward to hearing your contributions.

Pebbles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 12:08:39 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm so glad to have a place to go where I can pick your brains.  Hope this forum does not turn out like Prosper's original forum.  The members were so disrespectful towards one another.  The forum was shut down.  Not sure if Prosper started a new forum.  Anyway, I am very thankful for this forum and I will visit and contribute often.

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »
Hello everyone.  I'm so glad to have a place to go where I can pick your brains.  Hope this forum does not turn out like Prosper's original forum.  The members were so disrespectful towards one another.  The forum was shut down.  Not sure if Prosper started a new forum.  Anyway, I am very thankful for this forum and I will visit and contribute often.

Pebbles, Welcome and thanks for chiming in. I can promise you that no disrespect between forum members will be tolerated. I am all for lively debate but I won't allow any intolerant behavior. Prosper has not started a new forum by the way. I look forward to your contributions.

mike

• View Profile
    • Smart Peer Lending
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 03:57:10 PM »
Hi, I'm the creator of Smart Peer Lending.

Great to see a new forum for discussions on P2P lending. Thanks for setting it up Peter.

-mike

allyg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »
Hi everyone. Thanks to Peter for starting this up! Looking forward to the discussions to follow.

Best,
Allyson

Prosper.com

chasingbread

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »
What's going on everybody?!

I am a fan of your site, Peter. I do not recall how I came across it, but nonetheless, I am glad I did. I visit this bad boy almost daily due to my love for the concept of P2P. I believe that P2P has great potential, and  I thoroughly thrive off the progress that it has made up until now.

I discovered Prosper in its beginning stages in 2006, but never actually started to invest until 2010. Since then, I have began to invest, and have not stopped yet. As of now, I only invest in Prosper because that is who I started with, and I like their platform a bit better. Like many, I learned the hard way that we must diversify like Peter constantly promotes, but some people like me learn the hard way he he.

I enjoy doing my part in spreading the word on the possibilities of P2P lending. I definitely have not done as much as Peter, but his "movement" has definitely motivated me to step my game up a little bit and try harder to promote. The more Peters we have, the quicker P2P lending will become a recognized and respectable asset class.

I look forward to engaging in some conversations about P2P, Prosper, and LC with all of you.

Thanks!

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
What's going on everybody?!

I am a fan of your site, Peter. I do not recall how I came across it, but nonetheless, I am glad I did. I visit this bad boy almost daily due to my love for the concept of P2P. I believe that P2P has great potential, and  I thoroughly thrive off the progress that it has made up until now.

I discovered Prosper in its beginning stages in 2006, but never actually started to invest until 2010. Since then, I have began to invest, and have not stopped yet. As of now, I only invest in Prosper because that is who I started with, and I like their platform a bit better. Like many, I learned the hard way that we must diversify like Peter constantly promotes, but some people like me learn the hard way he he.

I enjoy doing my part in spreading the word on the possibilities of P2P lending. I definitely have not done as much as Peter, but his "movement" has definitely motivated me to step my game up a little bit and try harder to promote. The more Peters we have, the quicker P2P lending will become a recognized and respectable asset class.

I look forward to engaging in some conversations about P2P, Prosper, and LC with all of you.

Thanks!

Well it is a good move that you waited until 2010 to start with Prosper. Many of the early investors lost money and the platform is so much better now.

Thanks for your kind words. I encourage everybody to try and spread the word. The more we can do to promote p2p lending the better it will be for everyone. 

Thanks for stopping by.

Peter

DiligentiaLLC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 05:27:06 PM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris and I am an institutional investor at Lending Club (and now) Prosper.  My previous screen name at prosper was "diligent-peace9" but has been changed now that I figured out how to do it.    8)   I oversee a fund that invests in a variety of things, and "member dependent notes" are gaining an increased position in our fund.

Peter,  I really appreciate the work you have done both with your blog and with this forum.  I am getting to where I check your blog daily.  Keep up the good work!   :)

Looking forward to some good discussions,
Chris

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 11:22:11 AM »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Chris and I am an institutional investor at Lending Club (and now) Prosper.  My previous screen name at prosper was "diligent-peace9" but has been changed now that I figured out how to do it.    8)   I oversee a fund that invests in a variety of things, and "member dependent notes" are gaining an increased position in our fund.

Peter,  I really appreciate the work you have done both with your blog and with this forum.  I am getting to where I check your blog daily.  Keep up the good work!   :)

Looking forward to some good discussions,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks for chiming in here, it is great to hear from an institutional investor - I know many people here will be very interested to hear your perspective.

And thanks for your kind words.

Peter

phanio

• Small Businesses Rule
    • View Profile
    • Business Money Today
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 03:15:49 PM »
Hello,

Love this site and its focus on what I consider the only true way to lending in the future.

I run a small business loan search site and I include information on peer-to-peer loans as I feel that social loans are great funding option for small or new businesses who have no chance of obtaining bank loans or for small businesses who need just a little amount of outside capital to grow their business or take on a new project.

While I have yet to be an investor on one of these sites, I have been thinking about it very hard as banks and other investment vehicles are just not providing any type of return these days.

To that note, I joined the forum to learn more about social lending while I thought I knew a lot, by reading some of the posts here, I realize that I do not know as much as I thought.  Plus, I am looking for more information (tips and tricks) on how to be a good investor.

Looking forward to learning tons here and/or provide a little insight if I can (I do have an MBA in Finance and spent most of my career in commercial banking).

Best Regards To All!