Author Topic: Interest Radar - new tool for selecting loans and managing your portfolio  (Read 4760 times)

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
Hello LendingClub investors,

I'd like to announce the soft launch of Interest Radar Beta, a new site dedicated to helping investors select LendingClub loans to fund, track portfolio and strategy performance, and predict cash flow. And it's all free in the Beta phase.
http://www.interestradar.com

Here are some of the most interesting features that we have working now:

Strategies
- You can save your strategies (set of filters) for quick reuse
- You can track the performance of your loans by strategy. Interest Radar automatically detects which strategy you applied, from your saved strategies, when you upload your notes.csv file. If more than one get a hit, the highest return rate one is used, so your notes don't duplicate in the list
- Automatically receive alerts by e-mail (you may opt out or choose the frequency) when LendingClub lists new loans that match your strategies, so you'll have time to invest in those high-demand loans before they get 100% funded

Note Tracking
- Quick links to either invest in the loan or remove (discard) from your list
- Instantly see in the list of strategies which ones have loans that you have not invested nor discarded
- As soon as you click the link to invest, the site tracks that you have that loan in your order
- Get alerts with notes cancelled before issuing, to reinvest the money

Cash Flow Generator
- See the predicted cash flow based on past performance of a group of loans or strategy
- Control how conservative you want your assumptions to be for predicted cash flows
- See the reconstructed cash flow from your notes.csv file

Description Word Analyzer
- Our proprietary word frequency analyzer that rates the description entered by the borrower
- See what words or sentences triggered a higher risk of default

Please remember that all features are in beta status and may need some fine tuning.
If you're interested, don't miss the quick start guide that I wrote: http://interestradar.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/quick-start-guide/

And please send me your feedback!

Cheers

thezinfan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Interest Radar - new tool for selecting loans and managing your portfolio
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
Hi,

I just registered, took a quick look, and can i just say..THIS LOOKS AWESOME. As someone with 3 LC accounts, being able to discard/track loans I've bought via your interface is great! Do you have a pricing schedule in mind when you exit beta?

Also, do you do anything with "learning" data analysis like smartpeerlending.com or rate-loans.com?

Thanks,
Larry Ventura

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
I appreciate you giving me a heads up on your launch. I agree with Larry, I think you have created a very useful site, particularly for those of us with multiple accounts.

I look forward to delving more deeply into your site in coming days.
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
Larry, thank you very much, it's great to get such a positive review right in the first reply!

Yes, I'm planning on creating a loan score system based on a compilation of all the individual performance and risk indicators (the attributes, the description analyzer, the hype factor etc.), and the user will be able to filter out low-score loans or just shop for loans in the top score tiers. The whole "learning" thing is already present in Interest Radar, although I don't usually apply that term because I feel that it implies that the machine has to learn from its own past choices, and that's not really how it works. The models "learn" from the past performance that is exposed already by LendingClub, and every time we refresh the status of the loans it will "learn" more. I hope this makes sense and answers your question.

And finally, no, I don't have a pricing schedule yet. But I will come up with something very affordable and simple. Right now, if you like the service, you can help the site with a donation (any amount, $10, $20...) and I'll make sure you get that later as credit for the paid subscription!

If you have suggestions or feedback, you can always post here or send to webmaster@interestradar.com

Thanks!

conorneu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:28:02 AM »
Great site.  My only request is in the Analysis section, the ability to check an "All" box within each area.  Having to individually check every box in the loan purpose section, and all other sections, takes some time if you want to look at that way.

Otherwise, this is fantastic.  Keep up the good work.

Conor

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
Conor,

You don't have to check the boxes unless you want to activate that filter. Just leave everything unchecked and start experimenting with what you want to filter.

Rev

Peter

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lend Academy
    • Email
In case you missed it, I did a detailed review of Interest Radar on the blog last week:
http://www.lendacademy.com/review-of-new-lending-club-analysis-site-interest-radar/
Publisher of the Lend Academy blog

See my returns here: http://www.lendacademy.com/returns

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 08:06:49 PM »
rev,
Seems to be a great site! However, some users may feel uncomfortable uploading their "private" notes.csv file.
I agree that it is very important for the functionality but it would show how much a person has invested and would therefore indicate his/her "wealth".

Is the data in the notes.csv encrypted after upload? Do you and others have access to the data? What is your privacy policy (I couldn't find it on your website)?

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 02:33:09 PM »
Viking,
The notes.csv file is stored in a database and is used only for that user's Portfolio page. Any backup copy of the database is encrypted. I have access to the data for support purposes only.
As a registered user you know IR doesn't ask anything from the users except an e-mail address, so there is no personally identifiable information to match with the "wealth" of an investor.
The privacy policy will be posted soon, meanwhile you can see that in the home page it says "All data uploaded to Interest Radar is kept completely private for your use only. We do not sell or share for any reason."

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 04:48:50 PM »
Viking,
The notes.csv file is stored in a database and is used only for that user's Portfolio page. Any backup copy of the database is encrypted. I have access to the data for support purposes only.
As a registered user you know IR doesn't ask anything from the users except an e-mail address, so there is no personally identifiable information to match with the "wealth" of an investor.
The privacy policy will be posted soon, meanwhile you can see that in the home page it says "All data uploaded to Interest Radar is kept completely private for your use only. We do not sell or share for any reason."
Yes, but any user who pays for the service (after the beta period) will have personal information registered in connection with their data. It may therefore make some people hesitant to pay for the service only for this reason.

BTW, do you log the IP address of the people who are visiting or are registered?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 04:50:36 PM by viking »

rev

• View Profile
    • Interest Radar
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »
Viking,
Yes, but any user who pays for the service (after the beta period) will have personal information registered in connection with their data. It may therefore make some people hesitant to pay for the service only for this reason.

BTW, do you log the IP address of the people who are visiting or are registered?

I don't plan to store much information about paying users other than how much was paid and when. All billing data will be kept in PayPal (my payment processing vendor) and I believe most people trust them.
There is a growing number of very successful sites that store all kinds of personal information, including financial, notably Mint, Google Finance, Personal Capital, Wikinvest, Credit Karma...
Those who are not comfortable sharing their list of notes, even with the promise that it is only stored for their convenience in relation to the service provided to them, will not upload their notes.csv to Interest Radar.

Yes, all IP addresses are logged.