Author Topic: More loans than usual available the last few days....  (Read 2989 times)

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
More loans than usual available the last few days....
« on: January 27, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
Has anyone else been wondering why there suddenly, for the last few days, have been more (E-G) loans available? For example, right now 30 min after feeding time at 10:32 AM PST, there are 68 E-G loans available!

ggnoob1337

• View Profile
    • Keep Living While Saving
Re: More loans than usual available the last few days....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »
I've noticed as well. My Interest Radar strategy is showing so many loans available right now and unfortunately I don't have any money available to buy them!

Cries

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
Either loan origination volume is increasing... or demand for the notes on the investment side is declining (or both).

Perhaps the demand for notes is more correlated with the equity markets than we thought.  We have been seeing a lot of domestic and emerging market equity weakness and a spike in fear of china credit implosion.

cnmor54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
Or else everyone spent way too much on the holidays and now have to pay those darn credit cards off.

GeoUSA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »
Also P2P Lending is seeing more positive press and recognition that the industry is mature.  There have been some positive articles recently like this one from the Huff Post last week (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jeff-rose/peer-to-peer-lending-the-_b_4628598.html).

I knew of P2P Investing in 2008 but was in the process of getting out of CC debt myself at the time. 

standby

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 10:29:28 PM »
I notice that every time Wall Street starts moaning about QE that the number of loans available will go up.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »
Either loan origination volume is increasing...

Using simple counts of loans by grades, the above is definitely true.

... or demand for the notes on the investment side is declining ...

I'd think investor demand for notes is still strong, especially on  the institutional side.  Per Laplanche last December (http://www.lendacademy.com/ceo-of-lending-club-testifies-on-capitol-hill/), Lending Club now has seven community banks participating as investors on their platform, up from the two that were announced in June of this year.