Author Topic: IR often very slow to post new loans; missing the IR scores  (Read 8877 times)

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
IR often very slow to post new loans; missing the IR scores
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:56 PM »
I often find that IR is very slow to post new loans.
For example, today and yesterday the loans posted 2:12 PM. By that time, many loans were already closed (fully funded) and IR therefore doesn't present the loans and IR scores.
It doesn't help that many loans are already in my basket; if I don't know the IR scores, I don't know which loans to keep. Thus, one of IR's great features (the IR scores) cannot be used  :(

Anyone else having a problem with this?

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
Re: IR often very slow to post new loans; missing the IR scores
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 02:41:31 AM »
Couldn't you just leave the loans in your shopping cart while you wait for IR to give you the scores?
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 03:41:15 AM »
Couldn't you just leave the loans in your shopping cart while you wait for IR to give you the scores?
The problem is that many loans don't show up on IR while the loans are in the cart; If the loans were fully funded before the IR had a chance to read them, they are not posted and the scores not calculated.

Sometimes after the loans are released from the cart, e.g. if someone dumps them or the cart times out after about 35 min, IR may have a chance to catch them (unless they first are fully funded again).  A few times after they timed out for me, IR caught them, but I never had a chance to invest again before someone else got them.

rockinray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:59:34 AM »
I often find that IR is very slow to post new loans.
For example, today and yesterday the loans posted 2:12 PM. By that time, many loans were already closed (fully funded) and IR therefore doesn't present the loans and IR scores.
It doesn't help that many loans are already in my basket; if I don't know the IR scores, I don't know which loans to keep. Thus, one of IR's great features (the IR scores) cannot be used  :(

Anyone else having a problem with this?

+1- we have noticed the same issue. On my profile on IR, these notes show up as "FLAT" as I remember. While I use Peer Lending Server to make my purchases, it is nice to drop the Note ID in IR for filter refining.

It would be nice if Rev make this process just a bit faster.

Ray

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:30 AM »
When a loan doesn't show on the list, do you copy and paste the number (that is, go to Reports--then Loan Search)?  That usually works.  Only the lowest loan amounts that fund so fast (from the first LC released batch) are the ones that fail to show up.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:35:05 PM »
When a loan doesn't show on the list, do you copy and paste the number (that is, go to Reports--then Loan Search)?  That usually works.  Only the lowest loan amounts that fund so fast (from the first LC released batch) are the ones that fail to show up.

There are 3 ways to find the newly posted Loans using IR:
1. Hitting the Run button for a particular strategy on the analysis page until the loans show up (e.g. a simple strategy would be "All E-G Loans")
2. Setting up Auto-Invest (in test mode) and look at the E-mail. This is the preferred method as it reduces the risk of missing the update by hitting the run button to late.
3. Looking up the Notes using a Loan Search.

Note that only loans that show up in the Auto-Invest E-mails (or posted on the website if catching them) will show up when doing a Loan Search.

For example, today at 2 PM I had 22 E-G loans (no BSN purpose) in my basket.  IR didn't post the loans until 2:14 PM and then only showed 5 such loans (because 17 loans were in closing on LC at that time). If I pick one of the loans that didn't show up on IR, e.g. LoanID 11368585 and search for this ID on IR, I get "Loan not found: 11368585. Cancelled loans are not available."

Thus, there is no way to find the IR scores for 17 of the 22 loans in my basket :( !

NOTE:
Sometimes when the loan fractions are released from my basket (or someone else; which happens ~2:35 PM), IR catches the loan and sends it in a new Auto-Invest E-mail (and posts it on the website). In this case, I will be able to find it using Loan Search. However, it is then too late for me to invest because the loan fraction is always picked up by someone else.

For example, today at 2 PM, I had LoanID 11408676 in my basket. At 2:35 PM it was released from my basket. IR caught it and I got the Auto-Invest E-mail. I tried to add to my basket again, but it was too late "0 notes added". After IR caught it, I could now do a Loan Search for this ID to realize that it had good scores and I really wanted to invest in this loan, but it was no longer possible...  >:(.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:59:39 PM by viking »

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 05:19:37 PM »
Same thing today; IR Website updated 2:14 PM; 22 Loans in my basket, but IR only shows data (and scores) for 7 loans  :(

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 06:47:43 PM »
I have no idea if this might work but ... If you take a $50 note into your shopping cart and, after 20 minutes, release $25 of it, does that buy you an new 25 minutes on the shot clock? If it does you'd need twice as much cash but you could gain yourself twice the time for free. I dunno, worth a shot.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 08:44:09 PM »
I have no idea if this might work but ... If you take a $50 note into your shopping cart and, after 20 minutes, release $25 of it, does that buy you an new 25 minutes on the shot clock? If it does you'd need twice as much cash but you could gain yourself twice the time for free. I dunno, worth a shot.
It wouldn't help. The problem is that IR doesn't show the loans (and Scores) for loans that were fully funded before IR's loan posting (e.g. at 2:14 PM). Today and yesterday, the vast majority of loans were missed by IR. Thus, waiting another 30 min doesn't make those loans show up on IR  :'(

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 09:21:24 PM »
Yeah I see; by the time IR looks they're gone from the browsenotes file; even though you may have them in your cart. Oh well ...

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 10:05:54 PM »
Yeah I see; by the time IR looks they're gone from the browsenotes file; even though you may have them in your cart. Oh well ...
Exactly, and it seems just to get worse. At 6 PM today the posting was at 6:21 PM  >:(.
Only 5 of 21 loans were posted on IR. I do not understand why there is such a long delay lately (and Rev is not responding)?

I am also surprised that not more IR users see this a big problem? It has become very difficult to use IR to buy notes lately (except for old, stale notes.....).

p.s. I wonder how difficult it is to calculate a score.....? Has anyone tried (in addition to Rev & Bryce)?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 12:07:34 AM »
p.s. I wonder how difficult it is to calculate a score.....? Has anyone tried (in addition to Rev & Bryce)?

Depends on the complexity of the scores.

I calculated my own risk scores which are certainly different than IR scores.  For the 6 PM feeding time today, the calculation engine finished processing the 300+ new loans in less than 1.5 seconds.  And I am still using an older "Core 2 Duo" Intel processor.

viking

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 03:45:01 AM »
I calculated my own risk scores which are certainly different than IR scores.  For the 6 PM feeding time today, the calculation engine finished processing the 300+ new loans in less than 1.5 seconds.  And I am still using an older "Core 2 Duo" Intel processor.
How did you do this? I was thinking about attempting a Multivariable Linear (or pseudo nonlinear if needed) Regression fit of the historical data.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 09:18:39 AM »
How did you do this? I was thinking about attempting a Multivariable Linear (or pseudo nonlinear if needed) Regression fit of the historical data.

Yes, Multivariable Linear Regression is a good start.

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 02:18:46 PM »
I'll go out on a limb here, since I haven't built a model, but we're talking about two different things.

The first takes the historic data and whatever other stuff you want to include and produces a set of "weightings" for the loan parameters available when it is released.
This takes a lot of time, human and computer.

However, once you have the "weightings" it takes almost no time at all to apply them to a new loan's parameters and compute a score.
Weightings change infrequently.

In the old days the product of the model was a printed scorecard that a person using only addition and subtraction could use to score a new loan.
Making the scorecard was hard. Applying it was easy and fast.

Right Fred?