Author Topic: I am seeing only 134 available notes? Am I missing something?  (Read 12213 times)

nathan_wong

• View Profile
I am seeing only 134 available notes? Am I missing something?
« on: February 09, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
Guys,

A question from a newbie here. I 've just signed up and have set aside about $20K to invest. As I don't have much experience and I am still learning, I am planning just to take advantage of using the PRIME service for now and will decide later if it's worth doing this myself as I learn more information:

- I browse to see what are available notes and I notice that when I disable all the filters, I can only see 134 notes available as of today (02/09/14)
while I see that there was 5,183 loans listed in the past week.  Am I missing something? It seem like 134 is a very low number for me?

Thanks!

Rob L

• View Profile
Re: I am seeing only 134 available notes? Am I missing something?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
You're probably seeing everything. You will find the chart at the link below helpful:

http://v1.nickelsteamroller.com/chart/combined/availability?platform=lendingclub&type=count

(Can't find the same chart on the new NSR 2?)

rockinray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:43:36 PM »
Yes, loan count has been a little low today.

Ray

RaymondG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
Without automated process to purchase notes at loan list update time, it will be a long time for you to invest 20K fully. I added $6000 in past 3 month. It takes me almost 2 months to fully invest them, average 3 notes per day. You may purchase B and C initially so that you can put your money in work sooner and safer.

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:38:52 AM »
Without automated process to purchase notes at loan list update time, it will be a long time for you to invest 20K fully.

Not just that, but all the "good" notes get bought up within seconds of their release. If you don't purchase within that time frame, you'll get suck with the leftovers that nobody wants.

If you are new to Lending Club, I would highly recommend looking to the secondary market (FolioFN) for your purchases. There are over 70,000 notes on the market right now; the vast majority of which have perfect payment histories. Ideally you would want notes that are selling at a discount, but don't be afraid of purchasing even at a small premium if the notes look good to you.
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

nathan_wong

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:15:54 AM »
Without automated process to purchase notes at loan list update time, it will be a long time for you to invest 20K fully. I added $6000 in past 3 month. It takes me almost 2 months to fully invest them, average 3 notes per day. You may purchase B and C initially so that you can put your money in work sooner and safer.

Isn't PRIME that automated process? Is there other way to automatically purchase notes at loan list update time? And when exactly is loan list update time?

nathan_wong

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
Without automated process to purchase notes at loan list update time, it will be a long time for you to invest 20K fully.

Not just that, but all the "good" notes get bought up within seconds of their release. If you don't purchase within that time frame, you'll get suck with the leftovers that nobody wants.

If you are new to Lending Club, I would highly recommend looking to the secondary market (FolioFN) for your purchases. There are over 70,000 notes on the market right now; the vast majority of which have perfect payment histories. Ideally you would want notes that are selling at a discount, but don't be afraid of purchasing even at a small premium if the notes look good to you.

Thanks man! I appreciate. Sound like a great idea.. I applied my filter that I created based on employment, public records, monthly salary and etc... and only had about 30 notes available after that..  I will have to try secondary market -- I assume that once I purchase from the secondary market, I can transfer notes to my lending club account and view them all in once place?

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Isn't PRIME that automated process? Is there other way to automatically purchase notes at loan list update time? And when exactly is loan list update time?

Yes PRIME is all automated, but it doesn't have priority over 'manual' investors and robots.
Loans listings are updated 4 times a day, 7 times a week. As you can see, many are gone in a few seconds: https://lendingrobot.com/#/lc_popular

nathan_wong

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »

Yes PRIME is all automated, but it doesn't have priority over 'manual' investors and robots.
Loans listings are updated 4 times a day, 7 times a week. As you can see, many are gone in a few seconds: https://lendingrobot.com/#/lc_popular

Thanks Emmanuel!

Hmm.. Seem like there are other options automate this including using service like Blueinvestment.com  (seem too good to be true, if it's free why would someone pick lendingrobot over this one?) or write your own code based on the available API?

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 03:36:00 PM »
Hmm.. Seem like there are other options automate this

Indeed. See http://peersociallending.com/news/peer-peer-lending-automation-key-investing-lending-club/
As for LendingRobot, please feel free to use https://lendingrobot.com/#/lc_popular to see what's hot and invest manually in them, you don't even need to register.

You're also welcome to use our https://lendingrobot.com/lc_explorer/ tool to research investment strategies.

nathan_wong

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 04:08:16 PM »

Indeed. See http://peersociallending.com/news/peer-peer-lending-automation-key-investing-lending-club/
As for LendingRobot, please feel free to use https://lendingrobot.com/#/lc_popular to see what's hot and invest manually in them, you don't even need to register.

You're also welcome to use our https://lendingrobot.com/lc_explorer/ tool to research investment strategies.

Thanks for the links! Very insightful. It seem like this is a game of speed -- who can grab the best loans the fastest when it become available..  From what I 've been reading / talking to folks. It seem like the fastest way to filter and purchase loan is to write your own code and host it somewhere with fast internet. I talked to another fellow Lending Club Investor who use Python API to purchase notes as soon as they become available and he mentioned that he was able to do this in 2 seconds!

Emmanuel

• View Profile
    • LendingRobot
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 08:21:42 PM »
From what I 've been reading / talking to folks. It seem like the fastest way to filter and purchase loan is to write your own code and host it somewhere with fast internet. I talked to another fellow Lending Club Investor who use Python API to purchase notes as soon as they become available and he mentioned that he was able to do this in 2 seconds!

The game has heated up a bit, so I think it's becoming harder for amateurs to compete. And I do not mean 'amateur' in a derogatory way, quite the opposite!

You can do it in Python, but your code needs to be very, very efficient. Right now LendingRobot invests in about 0.5s (with the LC API activated).

nathan_wong

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 09:58:57 AM »

You can do it in Python, but your code needs to be very, very efficient. Right now LendingRobot invests in about 0.5s (with the LC API activated).

I am aware of the Python API and that's what I am planning to be using. However, after a search through this forum, it seem like there is also the official API (with rather limited features)?  How do one get access to the official API? (it should be faster than Python API for sure)  I recall reading somewhere that you just have to talk to your rep?

PeerSocialLending

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Investors interested in gaining access to the API  should contact Lending Club's investor services by emailing investing@lendingclub.com or by calling 888-596-3159.
-Ryan
p2p lending blogger @ www.peersociallending.com