Author Topic: Folio Traders - Roll Call  (Read 13681 times)

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Folio Traders - Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
+1 for me.

Automatically, 4 random times a day.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:48:25 PM by Fred »

Lovinglifestyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »
Should this topic be in the Folio section?  I went there first today looking for it so I wouldn't be going off topic again in the wrong place, as is my wont.

I am not a trader, so I don't qualify to get added to the count.  Not even a buyer yet--too busy 4x a day.  Only sell about 5-50 notes a month that I'm tired of having to notice often.

Both NAR and dollar amount coming in matter to me, so I agree with what Core and Bohb said--thanks a lot for your postings.  Something that's more fun than Folio to read helps make the frustrations fade.  (alliteration aside!) 

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 10:53:01 AM »
Should this topic be in the Folio section?  I went there first today looking for it so I wouldn't be going off topic again in the wrong place, as is my wont.

The very idea of Folio subforum was always confusing to me.  When someone posts there you don't know whether they're talking about Lending Club or Prosper unless they happen to mention it in their OP.   The two Folios have almost nothing in common with each other so it's rare that you'd think of something to post there there that would apply to both.   Maybe this thread is one of those rare cases.  At least when someone posts a thread in the LC forum you know what they're talking about.

If FOLIOfn, Inc. actually made any decisions or ran a separate site then maybe I'd understand a separate subforum.  But they don't.  It's all one big farce.  Maybe a conspiracy too... they possibly had Peter create the separate Folio section just to further the illusion.

Bohb Daishi

• I eat free lunches
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2014, 12:00:35 PM »
If FOLIOfn, Inc. actually made any decisions or ran a separate site then maybe I'd understand a separate subforum.  But they don't.  It's all one big farce.  Maybe a conspiracy too... they possibly had Peter create the separate Folio section just to further the illusion.

I blame Goldman Sachs. They are always up to no good.

Seriously though, it might be time to request a separate section for note trading. I feel that the investments subforum should be more about "what are the loss rates on D-G notes", instead of "wtf does Borrower Contated LC RTP mean". But since there are only a half-dozen threads getting posted on each day, it might not matter for now.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:02:53 PM by Bohb Daishi »
There are three ways to make a living in this business: be first, be smarter, or cheat.

Zach

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »

The very idea of Folio subforum was always confusing to me.  When someone posts there you don't know whether they're talking about Lending Club or Prosper unless they happen to mention it in their OP.   The two Folios have almost nothing in common with each other so it's rare that you'd think of something to post there there that would apply to both.   Maybe this thread is one of those rare cases.  At least when someone posts a thread in the LC forum you know what they're talking about.

This is a good point. I'm going to add another board and rename the existing to reflect the two different platforms.