Author Topic: Surprised by P2P-Picks  (Read 9126 times)

Keltset

• View Profile
Re: Surprised by P2P-Picks
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:33 PM »
The legal status is complicated when you add compensation with investment advice. So, I don't think I'll ever charge anything for individuals. If companies want to contract with me for my work, that seems to be a much clearer and more obviously legal way to profit from this endeavor. I really should rip out all the billing stuff and just say it's free on the site, but I don't have much time right now.

I used to use your service in the past and have been inspired by some of your work. I no longer really use it as I have my own methods that I have implemented, but I think many of us who have used or continue to use your service would like the opportunity to donate to the cause. Maybe a paypal donate button where donations are accepted towards maintenance costs and visual aspects of the service. Thus not charging for investment advice or research and I would *think* you could get away with that. Although I'm just an accountant and not a lawyer....

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:39:16 PM »
The legal status is complicated when you add compensation with investment advice. So, I don't think I'll ever charge anything for individuals. If companies want to contract with me for my work, that seems to be a much clearer and more obviously legal way to profit from this endeavor. I really should rip out all the billing stuff and just say it's free on the site, but I don't have much time right now.
What about donations? 

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »
I have thought about soliciting donations for a nice Christmas present for Bryce.  I do feel a need to show my appreciation in some monetary form.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk