Author Topic: BlueVestment update  (Read 6325 times)

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
BlueVestment update
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
Hi all,

I've been flooded in the last several weeks with great suggestions and new features. In order to respond to that in a timely fashion, I've been working on a website rewrite. I'm about 2/3rd done with it and hope to have it up within the next two weeks. It's going to incorporate fixes to portfolios, a better dashboard (with indications regarding the loan filter used to purchase the loan), and a simpler and more intuitive layout.

Right after the website gets released, my first priority will be to get selling back online. There's some really cool ideas I'd like to implement and I'm dying to get it all out there.

Thank you all for your support. As I'm sure you folks know, having a family and working a full time job is tough enough. Trying to steal several hours a night and also weekends can be ever harder.

Thanks guys!
Nathan
BlueVestment

PeerSocialLending

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BlueVestment update
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:43:21 AM »
Very excited about changes coming to BV. Perhaps an updated video will be in order.
-Ryan
p2p lending blogger @ www.peersociallending.com

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:20:22 PM »
I am going to buy you some adult beverages one of these days Nathan.  Appreciate the hard work

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 01:23:11 PM »
I am going to buy you some adult beverages one of these days Nathan.  Appreciate the hard work

I aim to please! I figured it would be faster to do a rewrite and include the new features rather than fix the current site and then build the new site anyway.

BruiserB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
Nathan:

I find it ironic that on the "About " page on your website you state:

BlueVestment was created because I got tired of managing my own Lending Club account. Having to deal with the day to day account churn on an even humble sized account became a 30 minute ordeal. On top of that, I found that having uninvested, available cash sitting around in the account caused me to make poor decisions about investing. Wanting to see all my investment money allocated immediately led me to stray from my original game plan and invest in loans that I wish I hadn't. Trying to correct this, I had to log in even more (four times a day) to try to snatch up the good loans as soon as they became available. For such a proclaimed "passive source of income", I was sure spending a lot of time actively investing and reinvesting.

Somehow, I get the feeling that managing/updating/rewriting BlueVestment is now more than a 30 minute daily ordeal!   ;)  In any case, I can tell that it is a labor of love for you and I hope it continues to be so!  Thanks again!

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
Nathan:

I find it ironic that on the "About " page on your website you state:

BlueVestment was created because I got tired of managing my own Lending Club account. Having to deal with the day to day account churn on an even humble sized account became a 30 minute ordeal. On top of that, I found that having uninvested, available cash sitting around in the account caused me to make poor decisions about investing. Wanting to see all my investment money allocated immediately led me to stray from my original game plan and invest in loans that I wish I hadn't. Trying to correct this, I had to log in even more (four times a day) to try to snatch up the good loans as soon as they became available. For such a proclaimed "passive source of income", I was sure spending a lot of time actively investing and reinvesting.

Somehow, I get the feeling that managing/updating/rewriting BlueVestment is now more than a 30 minute daily ordeal!   ;)  In any case, I can tell that it is a labor of love for you and I hope it continues to be so!  Thanks again!

Haha... you know, I never thought of it that way. I guess I'll shut down BV ;).

It's funny when we think of the things that are important to us. Obviously your own family (or those you are care about) are the most important but those aren't the only things that are important. I wish I was the type of person who was happy with where they were. Unfortunately, I'm the type of person who is always striving for something better. Management skills, software development, personal knowledge... there's always something more I feel like should be learning or doing. I've built several web and desktop applications (both individual and enterprise) but I've never done it all myself. There's always been IT people and front end CSS guys and the database team, etc. Now, I have to run an entire business by myself. Every concern from fiscal to security (we aren't susceptible to Heartbleed by the way, never were) falls upon me. It's something that many people have done before but I haven't yet. I welcome the challenge. I'm just very lucky that I've got a community of great users to be sounding boards and sources of great ideas. Technical ability can only take you so far. Without you guys, the whole process would be a failure.

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »
Now, I have to run an entire business by myself.

Don't you have to collect fees or something in order to call it a "business"?  :)

Related issue:  Do you anticipate IRS problems if you (hypothetically speaking) never intended a charge a cent for anything?  As a big time doityourselfer, I spend a fortune on tools, materials & such each month.  Maybe I should start a "Free Handyman" LLC and deduct all this?  Before anyone cries foul, well it's the exact same thing here.

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »

Don't you have to collect fees or something in order to call it a "business"?  :)

Related issue:  Do you anticipate IRS problems if you (hypothetically speaking) never intended a charge a cent for anything?  As a big time doityourselfer, I spend a fortune on tools, materials & such each month.  Maybe I should start a "Free Handyman" LLC and deduct all this?  Before anyone cries foul, well it's the exact same thing here.

I don't collect fees on free clients. Not all of my clients are free. There are those that have special needs or strategies that require more dedicated resources.

rawraw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 05:06:39 PM »

I don't collect fees on free clients. Not all of my clients are free. There are those that have special needs or strategies that require more dedicated resources.
Does Bluevestment have a donation link?  If not, that'd be a feature I'd like added.

lascott

• View Profile
    • Appreciate my post and want to try LendingRobot? URL below
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
Does Bluevestment have a donation link?  If not, that'd be a feature I'd like added.
Indeed!  I'm fairly new to P2P but so far have been thrilled with what BlueVestment (and P2P-Picks) are doing for me.
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

lascott

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:22 PM »
I aim to please! I figured it would be faster to do a rewrite and include the new features rather than fix the current site and then build the new site anyway.
Now you realize people will be a little bit nervous about how you cut over right?  You should probably describe that when the time comes so people can adjust as necessary.  As an example, I would probably set my "Maintain minimum cash reserve" to the max value and then adjust it downward to $100 just below my real cash value in LC.  I would then keep adjusting it for a few days as confidence builds.
Tools I use: (main) BlueVestment: https://www.bluevestment.com/app/pricing + https://www.interestradar.com/ , (others) Lending Robot referral link: https://www.lendingrobot.com/ref/scott473/  & Peercube referral code: DFVA9Y

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: BlueVestment update
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 08:10:28 AM »
Now you realize people will be a little bit nervous about how you cut over right?  You should probably describe that when the time comes so people can adjust as necessary.  As an example, I would probably set my "Maintain minimum cash reserve" to the max value and then adjust it downward to $100 just below my real cash value in LC.  I would then keep adjusting it for a few days as confidence builds.

I guess I'm not really sure why people would be more hesitant after a website redesign. Sure there may be a learning curve but I'd imagine people would be more apprehensive about the BV engine rewrite rather than just the website.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lascott

• View Profile
Re: Re: BlueVestment update
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 09:06:55 AM »
I guess I'm not really sure why people would be more hesitant after a website redesign. Sure there may be a learning curve but I'd imagine people would be more apprehensive about the BV engine rewrite rather than just the website.
I would say because the website changes parameters that the BV engine uses and if there is a bug then the BV engine will accurately do what it is told.  Imagine there was a bug with the website where the "Amount per note to invest" or "Notes to invest per loan" were incorrectly set.