Author Topic: BlueVestment Pro engine up and running  (Read 17037 times)

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
BlueVestment Pro engine up and running
« on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »
Hi all,

Just a heads up. I've been working on a revamped version of the BlueVestment engine which handles continuous investment rather than in batches every 15 minutes. It's up and running now and even though I've been testing it all week with my own accounts, your feedback is very important.

While I'm extremely confident in the new system, if anyone thinks they see any anomalous actions, please let me know immediately. What I'm really focused on is making sure P2P-Picks investing is working (it should but I haven't been able to test it with an actual transaction) and to make sure that there aren't any accounts that are just not investing when they should be.

I'm super pumped about this new engine and it's fast... so so fast and scalable.  I really think great things are coming out of this engine.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Nathan
BlueVestment
Blue Air Solutions LLC.

rawraw

• View Profile
Re: BlueVestment Pro engine up and running
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »
I should have my API key in a day or two and will definitely report back.

BruiserB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 11:12:44 AM »
Hi all,

Just a heads up. I've been working on a revamped version of the BlueVestment engine which handles continuous investment rather than in batches every 15 minutes. It's up and running now and even though I've been testing it all week with my own accounts, your feedback is very important.

While I'm extremely confident in the new system, if anyone thinks they see any anomalous actions, please let me know immediately. What I'm really focused on is making sure P2P-Picks investing is working (it should but I haven't been able to test it with an actual transaction) and to make sure that there aren't any accounts that are just not investing when they should be.

I'm super pumped about this new engine and it's fast... so so fast and scalable.  I really think great things are coming out of this engine.

Thanks for everyone's support.

Nathan
BlueVestment
Blue Air Solutions LLC.

I had one note purchased yesterday that wasn't assigned to a portfolio.....not sure if that's related to the new engine or not?  I did determine which portfolio I think it belonged in and assigned it myself.  I believe it belonged in one of my non P2P-Picks filters.  All of my cash is invested now, so it was an investment that happened between note loading times when one of my other purchased notes didn't complete and the money was released back to my account.

I do have a deposit that I made last week that should be available tomorrow afternoon.  Looking forward to seeing how it invests!  Thanks for your work!

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 11:19:10 AM »
That's been happening to me too. I've been working on it this morning. The way portfolio assignment used to work was I could call a "MoveToPortfolio" type method on their website's RESTful API and provide it the orderid and noteid and it would work great. Unfortunately (and a big reason why I didn't want to have to move to the LC API in the first place), now that I'm using the LC API to make the investment orders, the note id and order id are no longer returned. So now when BV makes an investment, it has no idea what the order id or the note id is... therefor it can't assign the note to a portfolio. Oddly enough, in the "PlaceOrder" type method on the LC API, there is a field for providing a PortfolioId but it doesnt seem to be working. When I provide the OrderRequest with the portfolio id, it still gives me a "order fulfilled" response but the note never moved to the portfolio. I'm going to contact LC on Monday about it and in the mean time, see if I can come up with a working solution.

It's always the little things that cause the most problems...

Nathan

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
FWIW I'm using my own auto-invest software and purchase notes via the API every day.
I've never had any problems with the LC API properly assigning loan purchases to the portfolios specified in my order.
Must be some other little something ...

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 06:10:34 PM »
Fair enough. I'll figure it out =). Thanks for the info!

Rob L

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2014, 06:29:44 PM »
I'm sure you will.

thezfunk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 09:50:59 AM »
I can report back.  I am hesitant to let the cat out of the bag but wow.  Nathan, you did an excellent job.  I had been struggling to deploy all cash and for the first time in my Lending Club career, I don't have enough free cash in my account to buy new notes.  It is super fast and I was getting notes every release.  Very well done.

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
That's great to hear. It appears that portfolios seem to be handled correctly (at least for my account which had the notes correctly moved). What I am having trouble with are those accounts that select to invest multiple times into each note. Unfortunately the Lending Club API (more grumble grumble) tries to aggregate note purchases (4x$25 into the same loan = 1x$100). I need to break these up and do them sequentially. When I did so the first time, LC barfed up complaints about how it didn't like parallel requests from a multithreaded environment.

Nathan

YellowSeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »
Thank you for the great tool! 

In the past few days, BlueVestment has plowed through my available cash and got it to zero.  The cash balance was below $25 after yesterday afternoon's 2pm LC release.  I logged in to my LC account this morning before the LC 6am release and noticed there was a few hundred dollars available from payments, but nothing was invested on my behalf at the 6am or 10am runs (no filter changes).  I found it a bit odd as I was getting a ton of notes over the past few days.

Is the BlueVestment engine able to turn itself back on once it has used up the cash in the account?

cnmor54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »
I am in the exact same situation as Yellowseed. I finally ran out of funds Saturday afternoon. Due to canceled In Review Loans I had $75 last night and this morning but nothing was invested.

My dashboard says:

Last processed Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:29:40 GMT
Last auto invest result Not enough available cash to invest

YellowSeed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 03:08:36 PM »
I had not noticed that on the Dashboard.

I just checked and my dashboard says the same thing as cnmor54

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 03:23:17 PM »
I'm sorry I have not updated the dashboard. It isn't reflecting correctly, I'll see if I can get to it tonight.

Nathan

BlueVestment

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Thank you for the great tool! 

In the past few days, BlueVestment has plowed through my available cash and got it to zero.  The cash balance was below $25 after yesterday afternoon's 2pm LC release.  I logged in to my LC account this morning before the LC 6am release and noticed there was a few hundred dollars available from payments, but nothing was invested on my behalf at the 6am or 10am runs (no filter changes).  I found it a bit odd as I was getting a ton of notes over the past few days.

Is the BlueVestment engine able to turn itself back on once it has used up the cash in the account?

I'll take a look at this. It should be updating available cash.

BruiserB

• View Profile
BlueVestment Pro engine up and running
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »
I also had a small cash balance yesterday that didn't seem to reinvest though there were still loans available on P2P-Picks that should have consumed it.  Today I had a deposit hit just after Noon Central Time and the engine went right to work investing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk