Author Topic: Missing note value in account Total Value  (Read 457 times)

LA87654

• View Profile
Missing note value in account Total Value
« on: February 21, 2021, 05:12:03 PM »
After years of investing in Lending Club, I recently opened a Prosper account.  Since January, I've moved exactly $19K to the account.  My account value is currently listed at $18,976.81.  My account is new so all my notes are listed as current.  Assuming a $1.81 of interest earned, there is $25 unaccounted for.  In other words, my account is down $25, but I can't figure out where it went.  Any ideas for a Prosper newbie as to where the missing $25 is?  I was thinking this was an accounting snafu for some type of unfunded or cancelled note, but it has been this way for over a week now and why would it not still be considered an asset?

Fred93

• View Profile
Re: Missing note value in account Total Value
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 01:30:31 AM »
Did you invest $25 in a new note very recently?  Sometimes it takes a few days for the new note to appear.

Did you get charged any fees?  Look at your statements or transaction info online.  Pain in the ass, I know.

LA87654

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 01:28:28 PM »
Thanks for reading!  Everything added up on my January statement.  I looked over pages of messages and history and nothing caught my eye.  I saw this discrepancy around 2 weeks ago, but hoped it would quickly resolve on its own.  Still, it makes no sense for my brand new account value to go down as there are no loans with payments even due yet, let alone to default.  As a new account, the value should only be going up at this point.  Maybe most concerningly, if it wasn't a new account, it would be hard to notice such a small unaccounted for loss.  I might have to try customer service - hopefully they are better than the dismal luck I had at LC.

LA87654

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 05:00:40 PM »
Well, today I logged in and everything was whole again ($19,001.93).  I glanced at messages and history and didn't see anything of note (haha - note, get it?).  I'm guessing there was a $25 note that went into some weird state and became unaccounted for as an asset due to a programming issue.  I don't like it, but it did eventually resolve correctly.