Author Topic: Why doesn't LC take this action?  (Read 2228 times)

Rob L

• View Profile
Why doesn't LC take this action?
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:52:37 AM »
From Simon Cunningham's interview with LC's Mr. Sanborn (cut and pasted from a post by Core):
“Screen scraping is not allowed under our terms of use, but it is important to understand that we put this policy in place specifically to address activity that slows the platform and degrades the user experience for other investors, and currently that is our emphasis in enforcing it (i.e. we monitor the platform, and if we see something happening that has an impact on the platform’s performance, we take action).”

This morning, before the first loan release of the day, a download all browsenotes ([https://www.lendingclub.com/browse/browseNotesRawDataV7.action) returned a file 772 kB in length containing data for 1041 loans.
There were 68 loans released, bringing the total to 1109 loans and a file length of 822 kB. When new loans are released I am only interested in those and I'd bet "the vast majority" of other individuals are too.
So, for the 50 kB I needed I had to download 822 kB (and LC's servers had to provide it). Said another way, I had to download and LC's servers had to supply 16X more data than I needed or wanted.

If LC wants to reduce the load on its servers it could provide, in addition to the "Download All" link a "Download New" link; say ([https://www.lendingclub.com/browse/browseNotesRawNewDataV7.action)
This is a new feature provided in the v 1.4 API so obviously LC recognizes the need. Why not provide the new link as well? Beats discussing the merits of push / pull.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 10:05:25 AM by Rob L »

rlv99

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why doesn't LC take this action?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »
I agree with you, Rob L.  I recently asked my account rep to add such a feature to the LC's filters since I feel that due to the large number of loans that are now posted, my available cash is prohibiting me from even seeing some new loans.   The rep said they have received identical requests in the past but haven't acted on them.  He did say that the more requests they get to add a "New Loans Only" feature might goose them into action!

Since I am now fully invested in my 2 accounts,  I simply Add only those notes that have 13 days left to look at.  Works ok, but still slow and cumbersome.