Author Topic: Loans for sale down 37%  (Read 5057 times)

jpildis

• View Profile
    • Email
Loans for sale down 37%
« on: April 16, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
I pulled all Current and Issued loans for sale on 3/22 and today... over those 3 weeks, available loans for sale (issued & current) have dropped from 88,563 to 55,922.  That's a pretty dramatic reversal of the overall trend of more and more loans for sale.  Is there a big net buyer out there?  I have not felt any material increase in sales.  Any thoughts from the community?

Randawl

• View Profile
Re: Loans for sale down 37%
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »
I let my notes expire and I haven't put them back up yet.                                                                                             :D

jpildis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
I let my notes expire and I haven't put them back up yet.                                                                                             :D

Why is that?

cnmor54

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »

AHA!!! Less competition ... That's why I just had my best weekend of sales ever. Thanks!

Why is that?

It takes a lot of work to put 32,000 notes on sale  :o

core

• Your loss is my gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:18 PM »
I also have let most of mine expire and I haven't stayed on top of it this month getting them reposted.  Between April 15th deadlines, MH370, domestic stuff, and chasing cows, I just haven't had Folio at the top of my list lately. 

Last month I really slacked off and ended up making WAY more than I thought I would.  It half convinced me that there's something to the timing that happened, so I wasn't all that worried about staying on top of stuff this time around.  I'm quite sure what happened was I had tons of notes go current that I normally would have unloaded for a small profit the next day.  Since I was "lazy", I ended up making bigger profits on the whole quite accidentally.  Obviously my sell algos need tweaking.

Kowser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 12:20:30 AM »
Also, I keep getting errors when I try to list my notes, so I may not be the only one. This has been true for the last 36 or so hours.

cnmor54

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:04 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Kowser.

The code is definitely broken again. Only 2 sell orders were accepted this morning using Interest Radar where normally it's around 250/day. Will it be another weekend of manually selling orders or shall I just sit back and watch the weeds grow?

Coop

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 12:49:54 PM »
Watch the weeds grow. Folio isn't even working manually.
Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".

lender_john

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 10:10:01 PM »

Haven't been able to list anything for sale for the last few days.. quite annoying..

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 03:13:29 AM »
Folio isn't even working manually.

This means that the notes that are on FOLIOfn nowadays were put non-manually (i.e., by computers)? 

Didn't realize that FOLIOfn is now teeming with bots.

cnmor54

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
I think the only ones left are set up to sell for 4 to 7 days. I still have 2 for sale but they expire tonight. When you sell them you can choose 1 to 7 days for the listing.

There is some good in this. I sold notes yesterday that I never dreamed would sell. Like 6% loans that are 8 months old. I had a second LC account that I decided to liquidate but don't pay much attention too. I sell maybe 2 a month on that one and yesterday I sold 3.

Thankfully I have some family and friend obligations to keep me busy this weekend. Otherwise I would be going through major withdrawals.

Just checked foliofn ... just 30,717 left.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 11:15:44 AM by cnmor54 »